Panaracer RiBMo Protex Tires - Clincher

Put in the hard miles with the Panaracer RiBMo (Ride Bicycle More). A step up in durability from the popular T-Serv model, the RiBMo features the MileCruncher 800D rubber compound and ProTex anti-punture barrier for maximum puncture resistance and superior tread life at a slightly increased weight. An excellent option for touring and commuting when a low weight is still an important priority. All contact tread. Folding bead keeps the weight down. 700c x 25mm (25-622 ISO; 115 PSI; 330 grams)

Submitted by kneejerk

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2012

Strengths:    puncture resistance, low weight, fast rolling, grippy, long wear life, I always wonder why I'm still carrying spare tubes,

Weaknesses:    the rubber compound does cut from time to time but nothing seems to get very far toward the tube, the sidewalls show some cracks in the surface rubber but, I imagine they probably sat on a shelf for some time before I got to them,.... I like to treat my tires with Silicone Spray from time to time to try and preserve them,

Bottom Line:
I stumbled upon these tires and fitted them to my commuter bike in the 26x1.5" size. I have yet to get a flat tire in over a year of commuting and occasional road rides. I've pulled thorns, rocks, glass even had to rubber cement a slice from a piece of metal and have not suffered a puncture to the tube below. These are the most rugged tires I have tried to date. I love the pointed profile. They grip very well and have been bullet proof so far. Love these tires!

Bike Setup:   converted old mountain bike for commuter duty