Panaracer T-Serv Kevlar Tires - Clincher

4.55/5 (11 Reviews)

Panaracer T-Serv Protex Tire An urban favorite: the choice of many messengers and urban commuters. Duro Protex improves on the original Duro by adding a Protex breaker to the super tough 3D casing. Protex is a proprietary additi...

Submitted by Al

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2016

Strengths:    No flats! Handle well, seem a bit stiffer than some other tires I've used. Seem to be wearing like iron.

Weaknesses:    None really, a bit heavier than some tires but the compromise is totally worth it in my view, for the peace of mind of less worry over punctures.

Bottom Line:
These tires were recommended to me by my brother who works for Quality Bike Parts, a major bike gear wholesaler. I've had the 700 x 35mm size on my 62cm Surly Cross Check for a couple of years and love them, the Surly is a heavy bike and I weigh 170 lbs. I'm primarily a recreational and fitness rider, I run them around 75-80 PSI, a little less if I know I'm going to go off road.. I ride mostly on paved county roads but will venture off into gravel and dirt now and then. I've ridden these tires over rocks, gravel, potholes and bits of crushed glass without a problem. After two years and hundreds of miles it's hard to see much wear on them. I just bought a carbon endurance/road bike and plan on putting 28mm T-Serves on that bike as well. It's nice to have tires that you can really depend on to get you there and back.

Submitted by Ron Walkenbach

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Strengths:    Light for their width, no flats (yet), great value, good ride on pavement or crushed rock.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I live near the Katy Trail, so I do about 75 mi. a week of training on it. I was looking for a relatively light, but tough tire that didn't break the bank. I wasn't sure how these "urban" tires would work on the crushed limestone surface, but after a year of use with no flats and no significant wear, I am very pleased with them. The light tread has plenty of grip on the rock surface, and they also do just fine when I leave the Trail for a section on pavement. A great tire for all but hardcore MTB.

Submitted by brail rider

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2013

Strengths:    Tough, reliable, small weight gain for large reliability increase vs racy road tires.

Weaknesses:    hard to find at LBS

Bottom Line:
By far my favorite commuter tire. I'm currently running them on a set of fulcrum racing quattros on a 105 cannondale cadd-x frame-set. I ran them on open-pros laced to ultegra hubs on a 9s ultegra surly cross check till it got stolen as well. They only weigh 70g per tire (700x28c) more than a 23c conti 4000s, roll well, don't flat and last thousands of miles. I don't know how much more you can ask from a tire. The one odd thing I find with these is there almost seems to be a break in period, similar to the urban max tires they replaced. The little nobbies / bumps/ mould hairs seem to catch a lot of air till they smooth out over the first 100 or so miles, (or mabey it the sidewall?) then they roll as well as any road tire out there. Being slightly wider also helps them soak up some road noise if you are running stiff wheels or a stiff frame set. Highly recommended as a commuter/light touring/reliable road tire for those who rack up miles on their bikes. Every now and then they make me question why exactly I spend more than double (hutchinson atom tubeless) per tire for my racing rig. anyways, very happy with these, ride hard :)

Submitted by mreding

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2013

Strengths:    Puncture resistance, grip, cornering, durability and inexpensive

Weaknesses:    A tiny bit heavy but it rolls well

Bottom Line:
I like this tire a lot. I put them on my commute bike, my wife's Ruby and a fixed-gear bike.

Submitted by Canyon Condor a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2011

Strengths:    Durability, puncture protection, adhering to the road surface. They are not overly heavy either.

Bottom Line:
No tire is perfect for all conditions. They are all compromises between weight, stickiness, durability and puncture protection. After 3 months on these tires, I have had no flats and no complaints about durability or weight. They are outstanding.

Favorite Ride:   Any or 'em!

Purchased At:   Tree Fort Bike