Schwalbe Lugano Tires - Clincher

2.33/5 (18 Reviews)

• Store Price

On those many occasions when our rides demand that durability trumps lightness, the Schwalbe Lugano Clincher Tire are a solid choice for our training wheels. None of us want to have to waste precious ride time fixing flats, and no one really wants to spend more than they absolutely have to in order to get a pair of training tires. The Lugano checks all the durability and price conscious boxes, while losing very little of the racing tire feel.The Lugano Tire corners better than you'd imagine, giving you the feel that you?ll have tons of grip no matter the road surface, and the diamond profile of the tread is perfect for dry and wet conditions. A puncture protection belt has been added into the casing so that you can ride through the nastiest patches of sand and road debris on your way to work or over highway overpasses on your training rides, and you'll have every confidence that the tire will make it through unscathed. Certainly, there are lighter clinchers out there, but at this price point, there are none better as the Lugano blends a healthy dose of performance in with its durability. The Schwalbe Lugano Clincher Tire is available in Black (700c x 20, x 23, x 25) and in Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow (700c x 23 only). It can be pumped up to between 85 and 110 PSI. Keeping the tire properly inflated will increase its effectiveness against punctures and extend the lifetime of the tread.

Submitted by kmcyc

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2014

Strengths:    They are at least comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Very poor durability. 650 Kms and they're in the bin. Rear tyre so badly scarred by road debris I am amazed I got so far before a puncture. For me, that's 2 weeks of daily commuting. So not good enough.

Bottom Line:
These tyres came with my new Cannondale Synapse and I had my doubts about them immediately. I only wish I'd swapped them out for the tried and tested Continental Gatorskins last weekend as I had planned.

Aside from their awful durability and the ease with which they punctured, I had no confidence cornering on them, even on roads that were merely damp.

Submitted by Chris Tweedy

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2013

Strengths:    Cheap.

Weaknesses:    Too many flats!

Bottom Line:
Horrible. Came with my Cannondale CAAD 8 5. Love the bike, hate these tires. Get flats all the time, and I'm not really all that rugged of a rider. The Continental GP 4000s's I ordered can't come soon enough. There's a reason these tires are so cheap. Don't waste your money.

Submitted by Samuel

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2013

Strengths:    good looking, durable

Weaknesses:    mine were not foldable

Bottom Line:
I've had mine for just above 3300 km now and i've had a flat tire just once. The back tire needs to be replaced due to wear but the front one still looks good. Can't say much bad about these and I will buy new ones of the same sort, just foldable instead.

Submitted by mike

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2013

Strengths:    they were new
lots of tread

Weaknesses:    wears easily

Bottom Line:
these tires came with my cannondale supersix. and after 3 rides of 35, 35, and 65 miles the back tire looked as if I skidded the entire way. but only the rear looked that bad, the front was ok. I didn't do any hard breaking, no sliding, no riding through glass or gravel but still ended up with a big rip in the tire and chunks missing in several spots. I'm putting my gators on it from my other bike. I went over 1500 miles on them on my caad 8 with no trouble at all.

Submitted by Quarts

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2012

Strengths:    Handle relatively well I suppose

Weaknesses:    Rolling resistance is high
Blowouts

Bottom Line:
Came stock on my new bike. First thing i noticed is the ridiculous amount of tread on the rolling surface. Rolling surfaces on road tires should be pretty smooth right? That much Tread should be for the sides. Anyway, I put maybe 1000 miles or less on these tires and my rear one blew out. Overall they are cheap and I would use them for a bit if you get a new bike but look to upgrade after not too long.

schlwalbe lugano, durano s, ultremo zx?

has anyone tried these? I was wondering about puncture resistance, tire life.Read More »

Basso prevails in GP di Lugano

This could be a good sign for him! He'll be a threat at most big GP! [url]http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/65th-gp-di-lugano-1-1/results[/url]Read More »

Schwalbe Lugano 700 x 25C (Set of 2) $28 shipped

I found a deal on Schwalbe Lugano 700 x 25C tires, I bought a few pairs for myself. And I found out the seller has 6 pairs left and they will sell them for $28 shipped via UPS Ground to the 48 states. I offered to set up a PayPal check out for the seller so they could be sold here instead of ebay. [ ... Read More »