Schwalbe Marathon Racer Tires - Clincher

The Marathon Racer is a lighter weight version of the Marathon optimized for speed. New Speedgrip compound reduces weight and rolling resistance. RaceGuard belt provides excellent puncture resistance. This tire is a good choice for recumbent and folding bike riders looking for a tough, long lasting tire that still offers good performance. 18" x 1.5" (40-355 ISO) 85psi max, 260 grams, wire bead. 1 qty = 1 tire.

Submitted by gale a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2011

Strengths:    I road cross USA, no flats, no air-loss and I didn't even have get rained on. Ok, two out of three isn't bad.

Weaknesses:    Mmmmmm, perhaps I could've picked the 23 for better aereoydynamics n stuff.

Bottom Line:
SCHWALBE MARATHON PLUS, this review is for the PLUS version with the springy rubber strip that apparently creates an impenetrable force-field repelling all evil forces. It's that good.

Favorite Ride:   blue AC1

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   "Similar Products?" It has no peer.

Bike Setup:   1.2 Trek, got used and threw on a mountain triple crank and rear der./cassette and a cane-creek thudbuster elastomer cushioned seat post. Best investment ever, besides the tires :)

Submitted by MattSoutherden a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I had been using Specialized Roubaix Armadillo Elites on my trainer/commuter for the last couple of years, but they needed replacement and I wanted something with a bit more air volume for London roads, yet still be reasonably fast for training.

At about 340g, they're not light, but they are 30mm tyres, and that's still lighter than most similar sized touring tyres such as the Vittoria Randonneur Pro 32mm (420g) or Conti Sport Contact 28mm (430g).

While they might give up the thick puncture protection belt of the regular Marathons, I've so far ridden about 1000 miles on them without a flat.

They also roll pretty well. I've had no problems using them on Sunday club runs.

They also have a reflective stip, which is useful for commuting.

Purchased At:   http://www.sjscycles

Bike Setup:   Planet-X Kaffenback. 105/Ultegra mix. 105/OpenPro 32/3x wheels.

Schwalbe Marathon Racer, Vit Randonneur Hyper ?

I'm currenty looking for some new winter tyres for my commuter. I have been running Spesh Roubaix Elites for the last year or so without a single pu****re. And while they're light and durable, they're only 25c, so I'm having to run them quite hard on my commuter with a rack fitted. I ride about 1 ... Read More »