Schwalbe Marathon Supreme Tires - Clincher

4.56/5 (9 Reviews)

The Marathon Supreme is a super tough touring tire that maintains excellent ride quality and is the lightest in the Marathon line. HD SpeedGuard puncture protection breaker is made up of tightly woven fibers to keep flats at bay while preserving a supple ride. LiteSkin sidewall is super tough but also lightweight. RoadStar triple rubber compound provides excellent grip and long tread life. Water channels further wet weather handling. Reflective stripe on sidewall. Folding bead further lightens the load. Size 700c x 35mm 37-622mm ISO. 430 grams.

Submitted by Derak Edwards

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2014

Strengths:    Just completed 2500kms on a pair of these great tyres on read tracks and forest trails around Chiang Mai northern Thailand. Just one puncture but hardly the tyres fault, A 2mm slit between rim and reflective strip,says more about the roads and tracks than the tyre. The mold mark around the circumference on the front tyre is still just visible so looking forward to thousands of more kms on these tyres. Piece of cake to mount and remove(700Cx35)

Weaknesses:    At over $100 for a pair,expensive but quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten. Not the best in mud and sand but for me a minor problem as my routes rarely take me over this sort of surface.

Bottom Line:
So far the best tyres I have used in almost 30 thousand kms of day rides and touring. If the first 2,500kms is anything to go by then will not be looking for anything else when it comes to replacement.

Submitted by Jacek Seroka

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2014

Strengths:    During my last trip through Iceland extremely sharp stones on offroads paths are very common,I had a zero flats

Weaknesses:    no

Bottom Line:
Great Fast tires and no flats

Submitted by Martin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Strengths:    Good rolling and comfortable. Felt good throwing them over the nearest fence when I replaced them roadside.

Weaknesses:    Expensive. Not puncture resistant. Not durable.

Bottom Line:
Bought 2.0 Supremes for Perth to Sydney tour. Fast and comfortable to start. Expected durability and flat resistance and got neither. Tyres punctured easily in Aussie conditions (thorns mainly)and altho rotated every 1000 kms the inner lining of one tyre split and deformed at 3000kms. Both tyres substantially worn. Tyres sank suddenly and dangerously when forced into soft shoulder material causing two spills.

Favorite Ride:   Perth to Sydney

Purchased At:   Online in Australia

Similar Products Used:   Replaced with GEAX evolutions, old model. Slower, heavier but safer and more comfortable.

Bike Setup:   Giant Yukon Disc. Shimano SLX all round.Rear panniers about 20 kgs or less. Tyres inflated to 50psi.

Submitted by MTT a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2010

Strengths:    Rain handling and puncture resistance

Bottom Line:
I have tried the Armadillo, Gatorskin and this tire for commuting, and this one is the best with the Gatorskin second. For me it is not just about puncture resistance, but how the bike handles in the rain, and this tire works great in the rain.

Purchased At:   Online Schwalbe

Similar Products Used:   Gatorskin and the Armadillo

Bike Setup:   Specialized Tri cross set up for commuting

Submitted by John A. a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Strengths:    Durability, flat-resistance, ride comfort.

Weaknesses:    slightly increased rolling resistance. Well worth the benefits.

Bottom Line:
How much is your time worth? Got tired of flats on my commute. Averaged about one flat every two weeks, but sometimes multiple flats on one ride! Once I fitted the Marthon Supremes, flats dropped to... well I'm not sure what they dropped to yet because six months later I still haven't had one. Yes, these are the same gravel and glass-strewn roads and goathead-infected paths I've been riding for years. Whatever "kevlar" my old tires had was BS. These Scwhalbes are proving themselves to me. And having reflective sidewalls is a great idea. In fact once you see them lit up, other tire makers are ignorant not to have them.

Cost vs. other tires: Yes they are more expensive. How much is your time worth? Because these are going to save you hours of roadside repairs over the life of the tires. You ride in the rain? Isn't fixing a flat in the rain so much fun? I'm trying to get from point A to point B. I'm not in the Tour de France, and I don't have someone following me with spares. These tires are meant for the real world.

Favorite Ride:   road

Purchased At:   Schwalbe

Similar Products Used:   Previous tires were Avocet FasGrip with Kevlar (meh). Also Bontrager Race Lite "hardcase" (double meh.)

Bike Setup:   Trek 520 set up for commuting.

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme???

Well since you guys where so helpful draining my wallet in this fourm when I asked about a Van Dessel vs Soma and I ended up getting a Gunnar, I figured I'd try a different tact here. I'll start off leaning toward some high $$ tires and see if anyone can convince me to go cheaper. Commute will be ... Read More »

Actual widths of Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 32c and 35c?

As the title suggests, I am looking for some real world width measurements for the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme in the 32c and 35c (also labeled as 37?) sizes. If you could tell me what rim the measurement was taken on, that would be great. Thanks Sorry about the double post here, I messed up th ... Read More »

Actual widths of Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 32c and 35c?

As the title suggests, I am looking for some real world width measurements for the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme in the 32c and 35c (also labeled as 37?) sizes. If you could tell me what rim the measurement was taken on, that would be great. ThanksRead More »

Anyone used Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires yet?

Anyone used Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires yet? I've had good luck with the lesser Marathon series so I decided to try the 700-32c Supremes on my Panasonic....Not much to report yet other than they look great, mount easy, and are relatively lightweight.. They aren't cheap at $56 per tire(W ... Read More »