Serfas Seca RS Tires - Clincher

3.98/5 (54 Reviews)

The new Seca-RS features an all-new tread and texture design along with Serfas Integrated Flat Protection System New Tread and Texture Design Integrated Flat Protection System Provides Superior Puncture Resistance ...

Submitted by Rain a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight, Super ride quality for the price, available in 28c folding bead. Great front tire.

Weaknesses:    Short life. Rear tire center section visibly flattened with diminished puncture resistance after 500 miles.

Bottom Line:
If you ride in areas with smooth roads it's easy to enjoy these as the ride and handling are superior for the price. If your travels involve ghetto areas with broken glass and debris it would be best to look elsewhere. The mileage you can expect out of these is somewhat proportional to the relatively low weight and purchase price. A good example of the old axiom "You get what you pay for"

Submitted by SlowJoeCrow a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Strengths:    Attractive price, available in 28C, good ride

Weaknesses:    very fragile, flat protection failed

Bottom Line:
I am rather disappointed with this tire, I picked one up from the River City Bicycles outlet as a cheap 28C training and commuting tire. I was happy when I was just training on it but when I started commuting I noticed that the soft compound of the tread was getting a lot of cuts, then I got 2 flats in as many weeks including a piece of glass that instantly killed the tire. This compares poorly with the Forte Pro+ I used it with and the Hutchinson Fusion 2 it replaced. While both tires are a bit more expensive they are also usually available on sale for a similar price.
On the plus side, 28C folding bead tires at this price are rare and it did ride nicely while it lasted. For smooth clean riods these would be fine but not for heavy use around debris

Favorite Ride:   Monster Cookie Metric Century

Purchased At:   River Cuty Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Hutchinson Fusion 2, Forte Pro +

Bike Setup:   Redline Conquest Pro with Easton EA50 wheels

Submitted by Adam

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Strengths:    Durability, light weight, traction

Bottom Line:
I have been riding these tires since 2007 and they feel as good as much more expensive tires and last much longer. The last set have lasted an entire season with 2500 miles on the rear tire and closer to 5k on the front with only one flat after hitting a large chunk of road surface. I have tried more expensive Continental 4000s and can't feel much of a difference and the flat protection of the Serfas is outstanding. By far the best value for money. All my road tires will be Serfas.

Submitted by Herbthedog. a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2012

Strengths:    Price, ( looks like this is on the up ) Flat protection, weight. look good. plenty of grip with not much rolling resistance.

Weaknesses:    Not the hardest wearing, not as cheep as they were.

Bottom Line:
I had never come across these, I was after a tire for riding a end-end (jogle) on, these seemed to fit the bill, light, flat protection system & cheep enough to bin at the end of the ride.Rode 1000 miles in 9 days, no flats, this was on some rough roads a times. I have had 1 flat since, this is after about 2000 miles use, could get a bit more, but think the flat count would start to rise, time for the bin.
Just got a my second set through the post.

Bike Setup:   Scott addict, dt swiss rr 1 rims, tune hubs

Submitted by Ron Rocheleau a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2012

Strengths:    I've owned lots of low and medium prices tires and rate these much higher than most. Get puncture resistant and weight.

Weaknesses:    Use to be even cheaper b/4 they caught-on. Lacks a little of the bling of something like the Conti 4000s and doesn't wear as well. But equal to a Vredestein Tri or Mich. Pro Race at a better price.

Bottom Line:
I've owned about 5 and never had one wear-out before its time.

Serfas Seca RS or Vittoria Rubino Pro 120 TPI

I'm in desperate need of some new tires after putting 3,000+ miles on my Conti GP4000's. I'd love to re-up with them but I can get the Rubinos for 1/2 theprice of the Contis and the Secas for $10 less than that. I'm 200 lbs and ride about 300 miles/month. I'm not hard on tires although I do hit g ... Read More »