Specialized All Condition Armadillo Tires - Clincher

3.93/5 (40 Reviews)

Our All Condition road tire does absolutely everything well, making it one of the best all-around tires available anywhere. Proprietary Armadillo flat protection assures riders can cover as much terrain as they want and never have to worry about punctures. The lightweight dual-compound siped tread blends all-condition traction even in wet conditions with exceptional wear. Top it all off with our motorcycle-inspired dual radius design (DRT) that minimizes contact in straight lines, while maximizing contact surface and traction in corners.

Submitted by Eric L a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Durability is suspect. Heavy. Takes Herculean effort to successfully mount the tire.

Bottom Line:
Worst tires I have ever had. A relative gifted me a brand new set so I had them installed for training rides. The ride is fair, but within 2 weeks I had 2 flats. Moreover, I literally spent at least 2 hours trying to remount the tires without pinching the tubes. So far I have burned through 5 tubes to fix one flat. If you aren't super strong or very mechanically inclined, I would steer away from these tires. The bead is ridiculously rigid, even with dishsoap to lubricate it. I don't see the value in owning these. I would much rather take my chances with an--allegedly--less durable tire than have to deal with these if I flat. Buy at your own risk.

Purchased At:   United States

Similar Products Used:   Conti GP 4000 II, Schwalbe One Tubeless, Michelin Pro 4 Service Course

Submitted by Titus Leonidis a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Strengths:    Highly flat-resistant.

Weaknesses:    Weak carcass.

Bottom Line:
I've had 2 sets of these. First set I wore all the way out - in fact the rear wore all the way through rubber and I chose to see how far I could go on just the kevlar underneath - 150 miles and I finally gave up. I even pick up a nail once that went into the tread area and then out the side without ever puncturing the tire. They definitely roll slower. This is most evident when you switch tires, but I never race/train. My gripe is that the sidewalls fail. 2 tires, both on the rear, have had the threads in the sidewall fail. This leads to a bulge that hits on the chain stay. And with a carbon fiber bike it only takes a short amount of time to do $1,000's of damage. Local bike shop claimed this type of failure is acceptable on tires that are 3 years old.

Submitted by Cflor a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2016

Strengths:    Reliable! No flat tire worries.

Weaknesses:    Hard to find to replace,once worn out.

Bottom Line:
Love these tires! Someone, show me where to shop for these.

Submitted by David Rose

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2015

Strengths:    These tires have great traction in dry and wet conditions. They are very reliable and give you peace of mind when you are far from home and you need not worry about flats.

Weaknesses:    Increased rolling resistance especially on rough asphalt (chipped roads).

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love these tires. I road bike almost every day and have been using these tires for 3 years now. Over 16,000 miles in those 3 years and not one flat! I'm on my 8th set of tires. I usually replace them at around 1,800 to 2,000 miles (We have very rough asphalt here in Illinois).

I don't even bother to carry a spare tube or pump anymore. That's how reliable these tires are!

Submitted by Robin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2015

Strengths:    Bulletproof. Run over glass, rocks, anything and younwon't have a flat.

Weaknesses:    Poor wear. 3000 km for $80 isn't very impressive. In spite of that I have run several sets of these tires. Today, fortunately my wife was behond me and noticed the the rear tire wobbling. It was actually grossly distorted due to the sidewalls tearing away from the bead in several areas. We made it home but barely and the tire only has about 2000 km on it. Good design but they have cheaped out on the manufacturing. I won't buy another set.

Bottom Line:
Great puncture resistance but poor wear and shoddy build quality. I'm going to try some Contis and see what happens.

Favorite Ride:   Mixed roads and paved cycle path for some cardio with tunes

Purchased At:   St-Onge Granby Qc