Specialized Mondo Pro Tires - Clincher

3.19/5 (26 Reviews)

• The Mondo road tire was carefully engineered to be the fastest race clincher in the world, with a unique dual density rubber compound, extremely low rolling resistance, puncture resistance, and extremely light weight. The slick tread incorporates motorcycle-inspired dual radius design to minimize contact in straight lines, and its wider cantilever shoulder increases contact surface and traction while cornering.
  • Casing: 120 TPI
  • PSI: 115-125

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Wayne J

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2015

Strengths:    Hard wearing and long lasting. Had two punctures - new tubes and away again.

Weaknesses:    None that I have come across.

Bottom Line:
    Have done 5000Km on a set with no appreciable sign of wear and tear, and the roads I ride on are sealed with big chip. Central wear rib still sitting proud of surrounding tube. Great in wet or dry conditions. Will certainly replace with same tyres.

Submitted by Fitness Rider

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2013

Strengths:    Very smooth; Good grip; Great cornering; Red sidewalls match my bike; Over 750 miles on them so far - one flat from chunk of glass, replaced tube and tire is still great

Weaknesses:    Sides seem a little knicked, but I'm still putting miles on them.

Bottom Line:
    I would/will buy these again and do recommend them to others.

Submitted by ouibyk a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2011

Strengths:    they been good to me.

Weaknesses:    not flashy like some of the cheap import crap out there (if your into that)

Bottom Line:
    Mondo Pro....2000 miles, no issues, no flats...nuf said!

Favorite Ride:   anywhere country rolling

Similar Products Used:   hutchison, bontrager

Bike Setup:   Specaialized Allez Comp

Submitted by mthrfukr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2010

Strengths:    great grip , very predictable/controlable in a slide

Weaknesses:    didn't last long

Bottom Line:
    They came on the specialized Allez Elite I bought new. First road bike. I promptly put 1500 miles on them within 4 mounths , until the rear had a flat spot 1/2 inch wide. I never got a flat (wow!).

Favorite Ride:   Allez

Submitted by Dirtypaws a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Strengths:    I haven't screwed them up yet. Look nice. Dual compound is very good in my opinion

Weaknesses:    The softer outer compound does get cuts in it.

Bottom Line:
    The Specialized Mondo Pro II came on my 2010 Tarmac Comp. This is my first road bike ever and these tires have given me zero problem. They are quite nicked up from rolling over sharp stones and glass but I have never had a flat. Didn't even carry a extra tube or patch kit for the first 6 months I owned these. I weigh 185 and inflate these tires to 125psi. I hit a car once and broke my fork, but the tire was no worse for the wear.

Favorite Ride:   all