Specialized Roubaix Pro Tires - Clincher

2.47/5 (34 Reviews)

• The Roubaix tires are the perfect match for the rider who wants the ultimate in performance without the harsh ride. Comfortable large volume 25c casing, merged with fast-rolling 23c Dual Radius Tread (DRT) ensure a supple ride that rolls fast and corners extremely well, all in one tire.
  • Casing: 25c 120 TPI casing
  • 700 x 23c dual compound tread
  • DRT design for low rolling resistance and great cornering
  • Compound Center: 70a
  • Compound Shoulder: 60a
  • Bead: Aramid
  • PSI: 115-125

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2015

Strengths:    Durable, good handling

Weaknesses:    expensive

Bottom Line:
    I don't understand all the negative reviews I see. I have had two sets of these and they were both great. Yes, the first set came with my Roubaix Comp bike, but they were great so I used the same as their replacement. I'm up to over 5000km on my second set and never had a flat yet riding on lots of potholed and tar & chip roads (along with the occasional stretch of nicer asphalt).

Submitted by Eli

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2015

Strengths:    Bullet proof. Zero flats in 1,500 miles on roads that have chewed up Conti GP 4 Seasons and Michelin Pro4s. Great grip in corners even in the wet. Amazing for the price.

Weaknesses:    Don't roll as fast as the Michelins or the Contis, but it's barely noticeable.

Bottom Line:
    Best tire I've ridden in a long time. Last far longer than most I've owned. Roll better than you'd expect for something this tough. Incredible deal.

Submitted by Larry

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2015

Strengths:    Very good puncher resistance, good comfort, and low rolling friction

Weaknesses:    Must rotate tires every few hundred miles or they wear out early

Bottom Line:
    I have ridden 2788 miles on these (my second set). I rotated at 561 and 1126 and then forgot to rotate again. As a result, my rear tire has worn out at 2788 miles and my front still has significant tread left.
    I ride about 5000 miles per year and last year rode 9 centuries in northern CA and southern OR. At least 2 of which had very rough roads. So these tires have not been pampered. I ride with 115psi. I weigh 170 lbs Maybe these metrics are helpful as well.

Submitted by First Tracks

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2014

Strengths:    Durable, flat resistant, very supple feel, fast rolling

Weaknesses:    Somewhat difficult to mount tubeless

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the Roubaix 23c/25c Tubeless tire, which doesn't have its own category here. I've got these mounted on a Shimano Dura-Ace C35 road tubeless wheelset and now have about 1000 miles on them, and they are holding up very well. I just finished a charity century in very difficult wet Alaskan conditions which saw a lot of flats, and these tires came through unscathed. I'm 195 pounds and can run these down around 92 psi vs the 110 I run in regular tires, and they feel very supple and give excellent grip, even in sketchy wet conditions. They are noticeably faster rolling than the conventional Roubaix Pro tubes tires that I replaced. They are tougher to mount than conventional tires on this wheelset, and I need to use my compressor to seat the bead, but once seated and with 1.5 ounces of Stan's sealant in each tire they hold air very well, and I have had no flats or problems. These were an excellent upgrade, and I will buy them again.

Submitted by J W

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    Both front and back tires blew out on me only after about 1000kms ...not while riding thank goodness!!! One blowout at home, and a week later, the other after riding 70kms ride!!! It blew up in my car while I was driving, I thought it was a gun shot!!! Can't imagine what that would have been like to blowout while on the bike!

Bottom Line:
    As someone else said..Specialized makes excellent bikes, but the tires suck!

Coming soon - hottest road bike products from these brands!