Tufo Pro S33 Tires - Clincher

3.38/5 (8 Reviews)

Popular model of tubular and tubular clincher tire for all around use. Fine tread pattern contributes to low rolling resistance and good riding quality.

Submitted by Allen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2007

Strengths:    Price
They're round!

Weaknesses:    Weight - though what do you expect for the price?

Bottom Line:
I had over 2000 miles on a TUFO S33 pro (tubular) before I got my first puncture. I put the TUFO sealant in and have had 130 PSI in the tire for a month since then.

I like the tires: they're reasonably priced; they seem pretty tough (I doubt I ever got 2000 miles on a Continental Sprinter without flatting); they go on nicely and they roll straight.

I like the tires, but I REALLY like the goo (TUFO sealant). It sure beats peeling off a tire and gluing on a new one in the middle of nowhere. I haven't tried it with other brands of tubulars, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Favorite Ride:   Del Monte Forest (Monterey Peninsula)

Purchased At:   Biketiresdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   Continental Sprinter (± same price)
Vittoria Corsa Pro (not the same price)

Bike Setup:   Colnago CT-2, Campy Record Gruppo, Eurus tubular wheels (Tutto Italiano)

Submitted by bcasinger a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2004

Strengths:    Cool factor, tread

Weaknesses:    Weight. And I am nervous about them coming off again.

Bottom Line:
I have used these on my Fuji Cross, mounted on Mavic Open Pro rims. Had a flat in 100 miles, but the sealant fixed that. Then the front tire came off the rim in a sharp turn. Ouch! I had them aired down to about 50 lbs. Maybe that was the cause, but if so TUFO should stop advertising that they can be run at low pressure.

Favorite Ride:   W&OD Trail

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Ricthey Speedmax Cross (great tire).

Bike Setup:   Fuji Cross, Mavic Open Pro/Ultegra wheels, Empella Frogleggs brakes

Submitted by kestrel@1063 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought these with the anticipation that I would get a smooth ride and with the sealant, be trouble-free for some time but that did not happen.

These tires have a very stiff ride (compared to others in their price range at the same pressures) and a shard of glass left the rear one useless with only 200 miles. The Tufo sealant would not hold over 80 lbs which makes this a useless high pressure tire at that point.

I returned to my old clinchers and will replace tubes as I've done for the last 5,000 miles. I consider this a failed experiment. These are the tubular-clincher version.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere its not raining

Submitted by Phatty a Recreational Rider from Bl

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2003

Strengths:    Great all around tire.

Weaknesses:    Never could get the tufo tire sealant to fix a tiny flat. That freaked me out so bad, now I dont ride the tires anymore except under dire-straight situations.

Bottom Line:
Nice durable tire.

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer s extreme. ( the best 800 mile tire around )

Bike Setup:   Cannondale r600 caad 4. Hodge podge of shimano parts.

Submitted by terrencekeenan a Road Racer from St. Louis MO

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2002

Strengths:    so far, so good

Bottom Line:
bicycletires.com is a dealer out of indianapolis. Very personal and thorough service. I highly recommend them.

I can't say much about Tufos yet, other than their tread is still there after 500 miles and they haven't flatted. Can't say the same for my previous Conti Sprinters. I took them through some nasty road-side debris, but they should be able to resist that c--p if you want to be confident racing them, plus they were only 2 days ridden. I recently took up tubulars, those were my first pair and would have made me go back to clinchers had I not sunk the money in new wheels.

I've been to the Czech republic and they are resourceful, and highly skilled workers. They are the best when it comes to making beer and plastic explosives. If it weren't for communism they would share the same quality of life as the germans and austrians. I would trust any product coming from the Czechs.

Favorite Ride:   away from traffic