Veloflex Corsa Tires - Clincher

The Veloflex Corsa tire delivers versatility and performance with the convenience and affordability of a clincher. Supple 320 TPI casing and Calicot puncture resistant layer. 145 max PSI. 180g. Ideal for road racing criterium fast training and recreational riding. Various colors with black sidewalls.

Submitted by ttx1

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2014

Strengths:    Feel, handling

Weaknesses:    as usual, tube choice and proper setup will influence results. I ride with Vittoria latex tubes and take a lot of time to ensure that the tires and tubes are bedded properly - I've had great results

Bottom Line:
the closest ride quality and performance to a proper high thread count tubular. I presently ride the Corsa in 25c mounted to H+son rims. Feel is excellent. For comparison, I've ridden the Arenberg - Veloflex's tubular version - on Enve 3.4 tubs. Ride is equally excellent for both setups.

I've not had a single flat or tire related issue (several tube failures with Challenge tubes - once I switched to Vittoria latex, the failures ended).

Highly recommend these tires.

Submitted by Incredulous Racer

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2014

Strengths:    Great handling, ride comfort

Weaknesses:    none so far (after three pair)

Bottom Line:
Several pro teams use them, (some with different labels glued on), including Sky.
I'd say that pretty much vets Veloflex's knowledge of how to make a bike tire.
But on the other hand, you have the dork who does such a ridiculous job of mounting clincher tires that he can't keep them on the rim. Yikes, dude, get to a good quality bike shop before you kill yourself. Really, we're worried about you.

Submitted by Phil Willoughby a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2014

Strengths:    Look nice

Weaknesses:    Blow off the rim

Bottom Line:
I recommend that no-one should use these tyres unless/until there is credible evidence that the blowout problem has been fixed.

I used these for 2 time trials over the course of a month, the rear tyre blew out while I was preparing for the third. Total distance ridden on them is at most 70km.

I bought these despite reading the other reviews on this site which talk about bead- and sidewall-failures in 2010 because I assumed that 4 years later Veloflex would either have fixed the problem or adjusted the maximum pressure recommendation to match reality.

My tyre blowout was at 135 PSI which is well within the recommended range of 100-145.

During the brief period these tyres were on my bike I found them to be OK. The ride doesn't approach the quality of a tubular, even when using latex tubes. Had they worked I would have slightly preferred them to my previous Conti GP4000S tyres, but as I prefer to survive all my bike rides I am going back to the GP4000S.

Purchased At:   Ribble Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Continental GP 4000 S
Continental GP 4 Season
Vittoria Corsa SC (Tubular)

Bike Setup:   Steel frame road bike

Submitted by Justin

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth ride, precise and light weight

Weaknesses:    Only one major weakness that I could see, but it will stop me buying Veloflex again: two separate tires (same model) blew right off the different model rims of my two bikes -- on both occasions it was about five to 10 rides in. I was damn lucky that on both occasions I was stopped at traffic lights and not going full speed downhill. I had the rims, brake calipers, everything, checked out by people who know better than me. No problem. The beading (there's not much of it) had simply popped off the rims.

Bottom Line:
Before the blow outs I was impressed by these tires. But the potential consequences of something like this happening again -- when I'm travelling at speed -- are far more significant than any other factor I might take into account. After the first episode, I reassured myself that it was a freak accident, that it couldn't happen again, etc. Wrong. I won't be risking it a third time.

Bike Setup:   Ciöcc SLX Super Record
Bottecchia SLX C-Record

Submitted by jij a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2011

Strengths:    More puncture resist than some of the thinner tyres.
Hand-made in Italy, supporting a small company.

Weaknesses:    Harsh ride, noticeably slower than other tyres.

Bottom Line:
I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, these tyres feel slow compared to other tyres like the Continental Supersonics. Maybe the puncture protection layer is too stiff or something, but the ride is a bit lumpy and hard.
I also had the sidewall blow out, (the beading popped off the rim), luckily not while I was riding. And got couple of punctures, so the protection isn't brilliant.
They're now on ebay, and I've put my Supersonics back on, which feel fantastic in comparison.

Favorite Ride:   London to the South Coast

Similar Products Used:   Continental Supersonics. Continental Attack/Force. Vittoria open Cors

Bike Setup:   Condor Italia, Chorus Carbon, Shamul Ultra clinchers. Weight: 7.6kg

Merckx Corsa SL restoration

My first vintage project is underway. Going for Motorola livery. [ATTACH]300077[/ATTACH][ATTACH]300078[/ATTACH]Read More »

Vittoria Open Corsa CX III

How do i know if Im getting the Open Corsa III vs the II or earlier models? I know the box has it listed but don't see any markings on the tire.Read More »

Aksium Race to Vuelta Corsa Lite-- Upgrade?

My stock wheels are Mavic Aksium Race (2011) and I am considering the Vuelta Corsa Lite from Nashbar. The Aksium's have been problem free and reliable. Anyone make a similar switch who can comment whether this is a worthwhile move? Mostly ride rolling hills.Read More »

Vittoria Open Corsa EVO Cx wet weather performance question.

My tire of choice for about 4-5 years has been the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO Cx (25mm width) and I've had excellent luck with them and great performance. But I remember reading a few comments about their wet weather performance. As I don't choose to start rides in rainy conditions I don't have any w ... Read More »

castelli nero corsa sorpasso bib tights - do I need a Medium or Large?

Hi all. I've been having a few discussions here over difficulty sizing some items, such as bib shorts/tights. I'd like some advice regarding some specific tights I want to grab: [url=http://www.wiggle.com.au/castelli-exclusive-nero-corsa-sorpasso-bib-tight/]wiggle.com.au | Castelli Exclusive Ne ... Read More »