Veloflex Corsa Tires - Clincher

3.75/5 (16 Reviews)

The Veloflex Corsa tire delivers versatility and performance with the convenience and affordability of a clincher. Supple 320 TPI casing and Calicot puncture resistant layer. 145 max PSI. 180g. Ideal for road racing criterium fast training and recreational riding. Various colors with black sidewalls.

Submitted by peter aanstoos

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2016

Strengths:    Very supple ride.

Weaknesses:    Rear sidewall blew.

Bottom Line:
Initial mileage was superb, loved the supple qualities. However, after 900 miles the rear tire sidewall blew out. Most disappointing. Running Zipp 303s.

Submitted by kukula

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2015

Strengths:    Supple. Grip. Feel. Handling. Price

Weaknesses:    Only lasts 1.2 to 1.5k miles

Bottom Line:
been riding these clinchers in 25c for three seasons now. Paired with Vittoria latex on my Zipp 303 and 404s. Ride is divine. I have never had a single flat yet in 3 seasons. But then again I ride mostly in a well maintained bike path. rear tires typically lasts anywhere between 1.2 to 1.5 k miles for me, with the front double that. Grip and handling is unheard of. Tried and pushed them to thier limits and still wouldnt slip. They just stick to the road like glue. This has given me the confidence to brake later, and push harder. You cant go wrong with these tires.

Submitted by Bill Stehr a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2015

Strengths:    If you want to support a traditional in Italy company, research this tyre.

Weaknesses:    The online description of the Veloflex Corsa (23mm) that I ordered from a reputable online company made no mention of the manufacturer's caution, "do not use carbon fibre rims." Maybe this accounts for some of the earlier reviews on blow outs with these tyres. Can't tell from these reviews what rims were used. Anyway, I'll be returning these tyres. Glad I read the box before installing. I have not read any other reviews on this site that mention this manufacturer's caution. Any thoughts??

Bottom Line:
See Weakness comment.
Manufacturer's caution on the box reads, "do not use carbon fibre rims."
This manufacture caution ought to be on all online descriptions of this tyre. Any thoughts?

Purchased At:   CompetitiveCyclist.c

Submitted by ttx1

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2014

Strengths:    Feel, handling

Weaknesses:    as usual, tube choice and proper setup will influence results. I ride with Vittoria latex tubes and take a lot of time to ensure that the tires and tubes are bedded properly - I've had great results

Bottom Line:
the closest ride quality and performance to a proper high thread count tubular. I presently ride the Corsa in 25c mounted to H+son rims. Feel is excellent. For comparison, I've ridden the Arenberg - Veloflex's tubular version - on Enve 3.4 tubs. Ride is equally excellent for both setups.

I've not had a single flat or tire related issue (several tube failures with Challenge tubes - once I switched to Vittoria latex, the failures ended).

Highly recommend these tires.

Submitted by Incredulous Racer

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2014

Strengths:    Great handling, ride comfort

Weaknesses:    none so far (after three pair)

Bottom Line:
Several pro teams use them, (some with different labels glued on), including Sky.
I'd say that pretty much vets Veloflex's knowledge of how to make a bike tire.
But on the other hand, you have the dork who does such a ridiculous job of mounting clincher tires that he can't keep them on the rim. Yikes, dude, get to a good quality bike shop before you kill yourself. Really, we're worried about you.