Vittoria Diamante Pro Tires - Clincher

3.1/5 (60 Reviews)

The Vittoria Diamante Pro is an elite racing tire in Vittoira?s advanced, light, and flexible 220 TPI Nylon Plus casing. This tire features highly technical, modern tread design, very light weight, bead-to-bead flat protection, and secure handling, which

Submitted by marko a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Strengths:    plush ride, yet accurate, really compares well with tubulars, which are tough though (continental gatorskins)

Weaknesses:    cannot be used on urban roads - mine came as stock on cervelo R3, the rear lasted exactly 200 km, until the inevitable happened. A massive puncture, which cut the tire so badly it was beyond repair. I rode at 100 psi, so the tire didn't explode (as some people experienced), it was a safe exit.

I did 25-35 km/h, on terrain I know well (20km commute), tires that manage this without punctures in years are continental (grand prix, black chili, all season, ...)

Bottom Line:
I would buy these only for indoor track racing, the ride is phenomenal, but puncture protection agains small stones on a rear tire is a huge problem.

Bike Setup:   2014 cervelo R3

Submitted by jordan

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2014

Strengths:    It looks pretty

Weaknesses:    Evereything

Bottom Line:
Review:Terrible tire do not buy, zero puncture protection. In one day of riding I got 2 flats. Can't handle gravel or any form of urban riding. Its labeled as a "racing" tire but the only race I can Of using this for is how quickly can you get a flat... I rode with it as a backup tire in my bag, when I had to swap out my rando that I wore out (Fixed gear skidding does that) I couldn't even ride to the bike shop to replace it... Do not waste your money on!!!

First Name:jordan
City, State, Country:tacoma wa usa

Submitted by Brian a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2012

Strengths:    rolling resistance, Comfort, traction

Weaknesses:    price

Bottom Line:
I have owned quite a few tires in my few years of riding, and these are among my favorites. The only one I have experience with is the 25c version. I switch wheels and tires often, but i have had this tire since the spring and I have done at least two races on it. No flats to speak of, and I train a lot on chip seal roads. I also don't run much pressure in it either (about 105 when on the rear, 90-95 in front) and I am around 190lbs. I suppose everyone has different luck with tires, but racing tires aren't meant to ride or wear like Gatorskin Hardshell.

Favorite Ride:   Giant City Park

Purchased At:   ebay(new)

Similar Products Used:   Continental Grand Prix 4000s, Hutchinson Intensive, Hutchinson Fusion 3, Hutchinson Atom, Bontrager Race-lite, Bontrager Race-lite hardcase, Continental sport, Forte Pro+

Bike Setup:   Specialized Tarmac Pro SL, Sram Force, Vuelta Corsa-lite wheels

Submitted by Calder486SE a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2012

Strengths:    Color...seriously, thats it. Oh, and that they are "from Italy" although likely the rubber is from Thailand, just like Vittoria tubes....so...color only, maybe brand name.

Weaknesses:    Where to start: Price (in relation to the REAL weakness...) durability, rolling resistance, tread pattern, sidewall quality, center ream thickness, handling...

Bottom Line:
Wow. I have been racing since 1985, not just riding...racing. Raced pro for several years throughout the mid to late 90's and still race as hard as ever, and NEVER EVER have I had the kind of flats I have had with the vittoria Diamante's. Absolutely mind-boggling.
Of EVERY ride I ahev ahd on these in the alst month, I have ahd at least one flat. EVERY RIDE!!! Last night (10/4/12) I had three! THREE!!! In less than 23 miles.
I am an ULTRA loyal Vittoria fan. Tires, tubes, tire liners, valve stems, valve extenders on all bikes, heck, even my levers are from vittoria. but never, have I EVER felt so totaly screwed by Vittoria. I will likely just send these back to my local rep and expect nothing in return, just to voice my absolute disgust with these tires. I am absolutely flabbergasted that I ran almost an entire season with a set of Zaffirro pro's on my trainign wheels, passed them onto my wifes bike for her to use, and she has yet to ahve ONE single flat. But the higher quality, higher TPI count and MUCH higher priced Diamante's have had a flat EVERY single ride.
Please...for the love of our sport, and for my hope and blessings to be on anyone reading this as a fellow rider, PLEASE do not waste your money on these tires. This is my second pair, with the same results. Less than three weeks old, and a flat on every single ride. No exageration, no kidding, no joke.
Amazingly worthless and ridiculous tires that have cost me time, money and countless wasted rides this year thus far.

Favorite Ride:   Mountains

Purchased At:   Team

Similar Products Used:   Vittoria Rubino Pro, Vittoria Zaffirro Pro, Vittoria Corsa Evo, Vittoria CX tires, Vittoria tubes, liners, levers, extenders and valves.

Bike Setup:   Wilier Cento Uno, Campagnolo Super Record 11, Campagnolo Bullet 50 wheels, Look Keo carbon ti blade pedals, FSA K Force K wing carbon bar, OS99 stem, seat post, carbon cages, carbon skewers, Wilier Selle Italia Kit Carbino team saddle

Submitted by Mike Nindorf a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    supple

Weaknesses:    did not last- rode less than 450 miles

Bottom Line:
Vittoria Diamante Pro Radiale

I put a new tire on my back rim before the 2012 Ride the Rockies. (6 days, 432 miles)
All the rubber is gone from the middle of the tire!!! (I can see the cords.)
I am 190 lbs.

Hopefully the local bike shop will replace them.

Favorite Ride:   Trail Ridge Road, Colorado