Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX Tires - Clincher

3.58/5 (66 Reviews)

Corsa CX has proved successful in road races all over the world, but the new EVO version is bound to even greater success

Submitted by James Monaghan

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2015

Strengths:    Smooth, look great with colored stripe, good grip on steep downhills in the dry

Weaknesses:    None that i can see as yet!

Bottom Line:
Smooth fast ride and coped well with a variety of surfaces over 600km in three days across South Korea last week. Bought brand new for the trip but felt great and looked good with the white stripe meshing nicely with my black and white frame.

Submitted by Enzo

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2014

Strengths:    Feel snappy. Very durable

Weaknesses:    I hate that they only put the label on one side.

Bottom Line:
Scroll down and read some of these hilarious reviews. My favorite is the guy who, after one ride had "slashes and gashes" all over his tread and flatted twice within one mile. Sure junior, it's the tires' fault.
Seriously, these tires are terrific although the Veloflex are also great and they are made in Italy, so they makeah you bikeah smellah likeah pizza! Atsa nice.
The Vittorias, Veloflex, Conti's are all great tires. They're all trying to win in the marketplace. Just buy what you like and get out of your mom's attic.

Submitted by stringcatt

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2014

Strengths:    Weight

Weaknesses:    A little bouncy.

Bottom Line:
For you that are complaining about grip in wet weather , these tires are directional.

Submitted by dynamicturtle a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2014

Strengths:    Looks. Roll. Ease of installation. "Pro Racer" design.

Weaknesses:    Build. Flat protection. Longevity.

Bottom Line:
First off, I have owned 3 sets of Vittoria Rubino Pro tires and have ridden 2k plus miles on them without a flat. That being said, I have been a fan of Vittoria tires for quite some time.

I really REALLY wanted these tires to hold up to the ideal in my mind and not be apart of the many statistics that tell horror stories of the flimsy nature of the Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires. I purchased a 23 mm set for the front and a 25 mm set for the back. I have literally been on 5 rides and experienced 1 flat and a gapping gash down the middle of the back tire about .5 inch long. In total, the rear tire had roughly 95 miles of use. I weigh 201 lbs and am an experienced rider. I am completely disappointed with these tires.

In essence, these tires are truly "race" tires in the sense of abuse them and replace them. And if you have that kind of budget, more power to you. However, if you are looking for longevity from your tires, DON'T PURCHASE THESE.

Purchased At:   Probikekit.com