Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick Tires - Clincher

3.43/5 (35 Reviews)

The Vittoria Rubino Pro tire line- up is well known within the cycling community. The Rubino Pro Slick tire has a slick tread pattern ideal for riding on dry roads. The Rubino Pro Slick shares many features as the Zaffiro Pro tire including...

Submitted by FastWayne a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2016

Strengths:    The tire is faster than my Rubino Pro, grip is good, soft rubber

Weaknesses:    Soft rubber wears faster in the rear, but I have had these for over a year. Wear is faster than continental 4000s

Bottom Line:
acceleration is about normal for training clenchers. However. I have a higher top end by about 1 mph or more. I checked on the same downhill and top speed at bottom is consistently higher than Vitoria Rubino Pro and Continental 4000s. Rubber stays soft as opposed to 4000s that get very hard with age.

I've had these on for over a year and the rears are starting to show wear, but the rubber is softer then the 4000s.

I highly recommend these. they are a little more fragile than the Continental 4000s but it is a faster tire and grips really well.

Favorite Ride:   Palos Verdes, Cal anywhere

Price Paid:    $22000.00

Purchased At:   I. Martin, Los Angel

Similar Products Used:   Continental 4000s and Vitoria Rubino Pro

Bike Setup:   2011 Wilier Izoard, carbon frame, FSA carbon crank, bars, stem, seat post, Ultegra components. 16 lbs

Submitted by Oldbikah

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2016

Strengths:    Felt fairly smooth on road at 115-120 PSI
Ok grip

Weaknesses:    Just weak, especially outside the narrow black contact center stripe on the tire.

Bottom Line:
The Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick tires came on my new bike. Strava says that I have 503.1 miles on the bike as of yesterday's 51.6 mile hill ride. I always clean and inspect my tires (and bike) after each ride to make sure there's nothing sticking into the tire rubber that could cause a puncture. Last evening I found a 3/8 inch (10 mm) long cut right next to the center black contact stripe (on the grey portion of my rear tire) that was almost 1/8 inch (3 mm) wide. Upon dismount, a small scar can be seen on the inside fabric. Did not blow out, thankfully, but it did cause slight outward distortion on both sides of the cut area while inflated.

Luckily I had ordered a new set of Conti GP 4000S II the other day and they will be replacing the Vittorias. Was going to install the new GPs on my old Specialized Allez Comp (the default bad weather bike now), but will go on the new bike instead, since the old Conti GP 4000S II on the Speciallized have just over 2,500 miles and still show no damage, but they are nearing the end of the tread wear indicator dimples. I've had very good luck with the Continental GP 4000S II series tires in the last few years. Will see how they compare to the Vittoria tires ride wise on the new bike.

Similar Products Used:   Continental, Kenda, Michelin

Submitted by Kirby Ottenbreit a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2015

Strengths:    Reasonably light weight for the price. Easy to mount on rim.

Weaknesses:    Poor durability and wear resistance.

Bottom Line:
I put these tires on a bike I use only for cycling events. After no more than 1,000 kms on these tires, the tire catastrophically failed while sitting in my basement. I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was riding. The tire split right and blew out right right in the middle -- not along the bead or side wall. I won't be purchasing these tires again.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling country roads of Whatcom and Skagit counties in Washington State.

Bike Setup:   Trek 2.1.

Submitted by n

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2015

Strengths:    No

Weaknesses:    Punctures!!!

Bottom Line:
My old tires needed replacing. I put two rubino pro slick tires on my bike and one on my husband's
Our first ride..both of mine punctured and my husband's as well. My husband's old tire was fine.
And yes they were installed properly. After riding flat free for 3 years we would not recommend these tires.
We did get a refresher in flat repair though!

Submitted by Tobbe a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2015

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    A completely horrible tyre! No grip, zero comfort, high rolling resistance.

Bottom Line:
It's an accomplishment to make such a bad tyre. A slick with high rolling resistance. 25 mm and no comfort. This crap came as standard on my new bike and i gave it a try for a few weeks, not being totally satsified with my bike. Then I changed to Conti Grand Prix 4 and the transformed my bike.

Similar Products Used:   Contis, Michelins, Vittorias etc, etc.

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Infinito CV, Ultegra, Ksyrium Racing 5.