Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick Tires - Clincher

3.39/5 (33 Reviews)

The Vittoria Rubino Pro tire line- up is well known within the cycling community. The Rubino Pro Slick tire has a slick tread pattern ideal for riding on dry roads. The Rubino Pro Slick shares many features as the Zaffiro Pro tire including...

Submitted by Kirby Ottenbreit a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2015

Strengths:    Reasonably light weight for the price. Easy to mount on rim.

Weaknesses:    Poor durability and wear resistance.

Bottom Line:
I put these tires on a bike I use only for cycling events. After no more than 1,000 kms on these tires, the tire catastrophically failed while sitting in my basement. I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was riding. The tire split right and blew out right right in the middle -- not along the bead or side wall. I won't be purchasing these tires again.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling country roads of Whatcom and Skagit counties in Washington State.

Bike Setup:   Trek 2.1.

Submitted by n

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2015

Strengths:    No

Weaknesses:    Punctures!!!

Bottom Line:
My old tires needed replacing. I put two rubino pro slick tires on my bike and one on my husband's
Our first ride..both of mine punctured and my husband's as well. My husband's old tire was fine.
And yes they were installed properly. After riding flat free for 3 years we would not recommend these tires.
We did get a refresher in flat repair though!

Submitted by Tobbe a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2015

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    A completely horrible tyre! No grip, zero comfort, high rolling resistance.

Bottom Line:
It's an accomplishment to make such a bad tyre. A slick with high rolling resistance. 25 mm and no comfort. This crap came as standard on my new bike and i gave it a try for a few weeks, not being totally satsified with my bike. Then I changed to Conti Grand Prix 4 and the transformed my bike.

Similar Products Used:   Contis, Michelins, Vittorias etc, etc.

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Infinito CV, Ultegra, Ksyrium Racing 5.

Submitted by ziconater

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2013

Strengths:    Very comfortable (in size 25c), grips well, seems durable, fairly light

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I felt the need to post a review on these tires since some of the previous reviewers either had defective ones, or were not using the current Rubino Pro III. Basically, the new version uses a 150tpi (threads per inch) count which makes them very supple and smooth. I'm finding them more comfortable than the Michelin Pro Race 4's that I just replaced, and also more durable. I would say that the Michelin's were better in acceleration, but the Vittoria's are more compliant and seem longer lasting.
Here's the strange thing... Even though I found the Michelins to be more responsive, I am consistently faster on all my hill climbs with the Rubino Pro III. I have no idea why, especially since these are just as heavy as the PR4's, so I'll just just say they must have put a little magic in there :-) Anyways, these are great tires at an even better price.

Submitted by G3orgig

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2012

Strengths:    They are quite cheap, red color looks good.

Weaknesses:    On the average i had a flat tire every 100 Km. I am very unsatisfied and I don´t recomend these to anyone.

Bottom Line:
sorry for my english