Vittoria Rubino Pro Tech 3 Tires - Clincher

The Vittoria Rubino Pro-Tech 3 features reinforced sidewalls to help you tackle tire-destroying debris.

Submitted by Mark Pittick a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Strengths:    Light, quite fast, puncture proof

Weaknesses:    none I can see- lots of tests aparently show their rolling resistance to be high, cant say I have been able to tell

Bottom Line:
I have used these tyres now for over a year. If you want fairly light, very puncture resistent tyres (I do most of my riding on Surrey Hills or South Downs) then these are ones for you. I have ridden about 10,000km on two sets of these and never had a puncture.

Favorite Ride:   Sourthern sportive

Purchased At:   Ribble

Similar Products Used:   Michelin pro2 and 3 and Krylion carbons, Hutchison fusion 2 (beware these blows off my rims for some reason), Vittorio Evo CX (good but puncture a bit when weather gets nasty), Diamante Pro (again puncture when weather is bad) and Rubino Pro 2 and 3 (not had single puncture across about 4 sets of these over few yrs)

Bike Setup:   Spesh SWorks Roubaix SL1, with Campy record throuhgout and Roval Fusee SL wheels

Submitted by FNGRIDER a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2011

Strengths:    Ease of installation, used fingers only,
bump absorption and roll. they felt faster than my 4000s'

Weaknesses:    Nothing so far, I will follow up after 100 miles

Bottom Line:
Initial 35 mile test ride. I inflate them to 125 psi. The tires rolled very smoothly and seemed to be fastr than my constinental 4000s'. I didn't push them into the corners but they seemed to grip as well as the contis. They absorbed the small irregularit better than the 4000s' and felt easier to pedal. I recommend these for afast training/racing tires.

Favorite Ride:   MDR over PV via Hawthorne (Ocean)

Purchased At:   Summit Ski and Cycle