Vittoria Cross Clinchers Tires - Cyclocross Clinchers

This design, specifically made for cyclocross, is ideal for all trails where traction and control are vital, on dirt or mud.

Submitted by dridley

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2013

Strengths:    i honestly don't think i've ever flatted on these Vittoria Cross XG Pros, 700x34. I run around 30-35 psi and weigh 160lbs. I thought for sure that I had a pinch flat coming numerous times: i would hit something on a descent and could feel the rock hit my rim and i could also feel the radially laced rim flex from the hit - but no pinch flat! I race in SoCal so very little mud - can't comment there. Otherwise they grip just fine on everything else that is dry: hard pack, rocky stuff, they're light too.

Weaknesses:    They don't make them in silver anymore. As my rear started to wear it became quite slippery in wet grass and loose mulchy stuff. They say 35mm width but seem narrower, like 32mm. At the starting line I was comparing my tires to other guys and it looked like everyone else was running a mountain bike tire!

Bottom Line:
For their ability to resist pinch flats they're amazing.
Too bad they don't make the silver versions anymore.

Submitted by Jeff

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2012

Strengths:    Grip, wieght, durablity,

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Best CX tire that I've used. Grips well in wet, dry, offcamber, down and up hill. With a tube ran at 40 psi and didn't have any issue with a pinch flat, running now at 35 psi with a stan's kit

Have been riding this tire for 3 out of 7 years I've been riding CX, I highly recomend it, looking forward to trying out the tubeless version someday.

Ran on a Conquest Team, with Deglo-cross rims