Azonic Techlite Alloy wheelsets - clincher

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Crafted utilizing the latest in CAD technology, the Techlite Alloy Clinchers accomplish a......

Submitted by Ricardo a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2013

Strengths:    Very light. Not flexy. Handled crosswinds well. Nice smooth braking track. Sharp looking with understated graphics. Nice skewars. fantastic rolling! Deliver excellence for their price.Excellent bearings.

Weaknesses:    Spokes spare parts seems difficult to find.The weight rider limit can be a restrition, but I am a little heavier and they are resisting me! No spokes broken until now. Could have options for ceramic bearings

Bottom Line:
I bought them as a training wheels, but the performance surprised me, and I am using for competitions too. Very good wheels at a competitive price

Purchased At:   Cahin Reaction UK -

Bike Setup:   Fondirest TF2 with SRAM Red

Submitted by Andy M

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2012

Strengths:    light ,stiff ,ascend and descend well roll along well with good handling .

Weaknesses:    Can,t fit Sram cassette on shimano hub .

Bottom Line:
I purchased these wheels to replace stock issue wheels which came supplied with a Focus Cayo Having done a little bit of research on these Techlite wheels and one article saying that the hubs were rebranded Novetec hubs and Novetec hubs use Japanese Enzo bearings As do Pro-Lite use on there wheels I took the chance and purchased a set.
Well I've been riding these wheels for about two months they are certainly light and stiff they roll along and pick speed ok. They climb well there's no deflection on the wheel rims when climbing or sprinting so no brake pad rub under strain give good confidence when descending at speed in and out of corners.

These wheels would make a perfect upgrade for training and Sportive events .

Submitted by Paul a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2012

Strengths:    Very light at only 1410 grams on my scale (1460 claimed). Not flexy. Handled crosswinds well. Nice smooth braking track. Sharp looking with understated graphics. Nice skewars.

Weaknesses:    None at all

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace a set of FSA RD400s. These wheels are better in every way: lighter, better in crosswinds, much smoother braking with a welded seam, less flexy, stay true. I have a set of Ksyrium SLs on another bike and they are similar in performance. You won't come close to this level of performance for this price. I couldn't find any reviews on these wheels so I took a bit of a leap of faith and I couldn't be happier with their performance.

Favorite Ride:   Seven Sisters