Boyd Cycling Rouleur wheelsets - clincher

This alloy wheelset is a great training option that can also be used for racing. With Sapim Race double butted spokes, this wheelset is an excellent value. 20 radial laced spokes on the front ensure a lightweight option while the rear wheel has 24 spokes double crossed on both sides. This means you can rack up the miles without having to worry about the strength and durability of the wheel. Since we use the same hub on all our wheels, using these for training and the carbon wheels for racing is a smooth transition without having to worry about adjusting your derailleur on race day. 682 grams front / 845 grams rear.

Submitted by gearloose a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2016

Strengths:    Great quality. No problems.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I installed these wheels on my Cannondale Synapse (carbon) in mid-June 2016. To date, I have 884 miles on them. As received they were true and round. They have remained very true thus far, and they are very round. No wheel hop, no wobble. There is no pulsation in braking. They corner well and seem to spin up well. I had a few questions prior to purchase and one during installation. Boyd got back with me promptly in each case.

This is the first set of wheels I've bought. I took the wheels (25,000 miles) from my old Fuji out of service and installed the wheels from the Synapse on the Fuji. The Synapse got the Rouleurs. Though I'm not a heavy rider, 165 lbs, I opted for the 24f/28r wheels.

There were lots of wheels available on the market in my budget range. The choice came down to technical features and customer service. The Rouleurs have Sapim double-butted spokes (non-proprietary), brass nipples, and welded seams, all of which I think will add to the durability of these wheels. Also, as noted, my inquiries were answered promptly.

As a recreational cyclist, who is somewhat tight with a dollar, I am pleased with the purchase and the performance of these wheels, thus far.

Purchased At:   Red River Cyclery, A