Campagnolo Eurus Clincher Wheel wheelsets - clincher

4.71/5 (70 Reviews)

• Store Price

All around race performance from the popular Campagnolo Eurus wheelset. Record level components, modern wheels construction and meticulous craftsmanship create an enjoyable wheelset for race day, or everyday.

Submitted by nhguapo

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2014

Strengths:    Bombproof. I've put around 30k miles and 3.5 years on my rims and popped just two rear spokes in that time. They've never gone out of true. I've run over some gnarly bumps and road trash and they just keep going. Seriously strong rims. They are very light and the hubs are butter. Very responsive.

Weaknesses:    When you do pop a spoke - it is a pain to get a new one. It takes about a week to order one and they are not cheap. Campy gear in general is hard to get.

Bottom Line:
I'd like a nice set of flashy carbon wheels, but it's hard to justify dropping that much money on wheels that won't deliver the commensurate amount of performance. I try to check my bias at the door when I write a review, but I will give props where they are due. The Eurus wheel set might just be the best metal wheels around.

Submitted by phil

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2013

Strengths:    Light and stiff

Weaknesses:    Fragile

Bottom Line:
I bought these and love the ride. Smooth, stiff yet comfortable.
However, they go out of true every 2-300 km. At least one spoke will get loose and the wheel will be out of true. Happened twice so far.
I'm not a small rider but at 6'2' 185lbs I figured (and was told) that these would be stiff and strong enough. Turns out they (or at least this set) aren't.

Everything else is great about these wheels but for the price I paid I didn't expect to have to true them every 2-3 rides...

Submitted by bottecchia_eja

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, yet comfortable; aerodynamics; good looks; handmade; smooth hubs; ease of mounting tires; reasonable price; Campy's reputation for quality.

Weaknesses:    Slightly more difficult to remove tires, especially when tires are new.

Bottom Line:
I bought these wheels for my new Colnago C59. I had previously used a pair of Ambrosio Excellent rims, 32H, laced to Record hubs. The Eurus wheels accelarate almost instantly, transferring power from my legs in an almost seamless way. I am not a racer (not by any stretch of the imagination) but after getting these wheels I can now regularly beat my club mates to the top of hills and on sprints. These wheels are comfortable, yet stiff, fairly light, yet bombproof. If you are looking for a new set of all-round wheels these are it! Mated to my Vittoria Corsa Evo CX tires, these are the most repnsive wheels I have ever used.

Favorite Ride:   PCH (California)

Purchased At:   Nonstop Ciclismo (Ve

Similar Products Used:   Ambrosio Excellent 32H rims; Mavic rims (different models).

Bike Setup:   Colnago C59, Campy Record 11 speed, DEDA Presa handlebar and DEDA ZeroNero stem

Submitted by asianarnold1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2011

Strengths:    Stiffness, looks, breaking, weight(1560gr for mine) and hubs hubs hubs!!

Weaknesses:    resale price is always higher, like toyotas

Bottom Line:
Finally I got a set!(of campy Eurus ;-)

After getting outbid 3 other times, i won a set of 2008 black Eurus. I had 2006 silver Zondas and thought those were great, then AC420 for the deeper aluminum rim, but these 2008 Eurus are oh so sweet! I used to race for 3yrs but now have a young family, and most of my riding is our local flat and fast hammerfest rides with occasional hills.

The biggest difference i feel is the stiffness and the smooth buttery hubs(like most say it's the hubs). My ACs, although light(1460gr) and deep(34mm) and bombproof as well, it now feels squishy compared to the eurus and the ac hubs didn't roll quite as fast and far, with skinny break tracks.
Some friends and i were on a descent with my eurus and i had to tap the breaks bec/ i was gaining on their back wheels.
I got these used, but rides and feels as if brand new. Maybe just 0.5-1mm off true on rear, not even worth mentioning. Cross winds to me are non-factor, we all bunch up in an echelon anyway on strong wind days.

I'll probably get a set of carbon 50mm, but definitely keep these eurus for the long haul.

If you get a chance, don't hesitate.
-jl.