Cane Creek Aros 38 wheelsets - clincher

• 100mm Front or 130mm Rear axle spacing
  • Shimano or Campagnolo cassette

Submitted by Mitch Halligan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2006

Strengths:    Speed and efficiency.

Weaknesses:    At times, I feel like I need to brake ealier and longer into turns. I'm not sure if this is because I'm now carrying more speed, or because the clincher walls are smoother than the Ksyriums. The jury is still out on this one.

Bottom Line:
I couldn't find a single review on these wheels; just a brief mention as an ancilary component of a top-end bike. They were a bit less than other similar wheels, but seemed a bit stronger because of additional spokes - I'm 185 lbs. The specifications looked comparible, if not superior to other like wheel, and I liked the way thy looked so I took a chance and bought them.

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the wheels my first ride out. They weren't as fast as I had anticipated. I called Cane Creek's excellent customer service. The tech quickly diagnosed that my my hubs where too tight.

Okay, it's been 1000 miles later and the wheels ROCK! I'm at least 1.5 MPH faster on flat rides over 40 miles. There's a slight advantage on light grade hills, but only weight advantage on graded greater than 5%.

Down hill performance is downright blistering! Down Glendora Mountain, I can obtain much higher speeds. I also have more confidence around corners maitaining more speed through the apex.

I have not noticed any flex. They're stiff and ride true after over 1000 miles now.

Favorite Ride:   Glendora Mountain

Purchased At:   Helen's Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   These are my first carbon aero wheels, but they are far superior than the allowy wheels they replaced.

Bike Setup:   Stock Specialized Roubaix Comp.