Cane Creek Deep-V Road wheelsets - clincher

The Deep-V's rim profile makes this the most sturdy Crono road wheel, but the low spoke count and light spokes minimize weight, especially on the tubular model.

Submitted by DAVIDE VALENTINI a Road Racer from modena, italy

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2001

Strengths:    very precise ride, the bike goes exactly where pointed, never out of true in 8000 miles (with titanium spokes)

Weaknesses:    i m' 150 pounds, so the wheels have an harsh ride, now i'm using low profile rims, not as precise but much more comfortable; you caqn also feel the weight of the rear wheel

Bottom Line:
apart from a problem with rear hub, i've never had problems with the wheels, you will feel the rim joint while braking more then with mavic's

Purchased At:   pb components, florence

Similar Products Used:   mavic, hed

Bike Setup:   c 4, carbon italian frame, full dura ace

Submitted by Kirk Rogers a Road Racer from Altadena

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2000

Strengths:    Look great, instant power, top of the line rims fro C-dale and I feel that if C-dale puts them on they know!

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
This is a fast bike with a lot of comfort and that has a lot to do with the frame but the wheels are the best. My first Cane creek product was on a F-3000 C-dale dirt bike and I loved the way that bike rims felt. I remember those wheels on a top of the line C-dale road bike so I choose those rims. I swear by them. I'm 215 lbs and I don't have unlimited chooses because of my weight. This is a great product, I have 5500 mile so far and not one problem, not one problem.

Favorite Ride:   San Gabriel River 77 miles long