DT Swiss RR 1450 Tricon wheelsets - clincher

• Tubeless compatible
  • Skewer included
  • 22mm rim section
  • 18 butted, bladed spokes
  • Combination radial and crossed lacing

Submitted by e3po808 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, good power transfer, rides like a lighter wheelset.

Weaknesses:    If they ever need truing, they need a special tool. Hopefully they're bombproof like other DT Swiss products.

Bottom Line:
Was drawn to these for the DT Swiss reputation of being bombproof. I don't like spending $ on cycling equipment, if it's not durable and I have to baby my equipment. So I got these, concerned about the weight since they're in the price range of used carbon clincher/laminate wheelsets. They ride as light as my Dura Ace 1380, but feel stiffer and have better power transfer. Really well constructed wheels, the wheel builder had a card on the wheels and they just feel and look like quality. There's no, What the hell is this cheap part? moment. Everything is quality, maybe for the exception of the stickers, but who the hell cares about stickers, right! I've been running them with tubes, since I don't like to mess with my equipment being prone to failure, which means no riding. Overall, really happy with this wheelset, I'll know in a year or two if I'm ecstatically happy, but knowing DT Swiss dependability I'm on my way.

Similar Products Used:   Easton EC90's, Reynolds DV 46C's, Dura Ace C50 and 1380's.

Bike Setup:   Cervelo R3 with everything for plush riding: lizard skins, s-works seat post, prologo nago pas saddle. I like being comfortable

Submitted by VallyForge a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2012

Strengths:    Tough
Stayed true

Weaknesses:    A few sticlers pelled up

Bottom Line:
These weigh only a little more than my full carbon tubulars and were half the price! They now have about 15000k on them and are still perfectly true. My only gripe is that some of the rim stickers have peeled up.

New DT Swiss RR 1450 Tricon wheels

These look nice, i've always liked the idea of crows foot lacing. 18/24 spokes with a shallow rim, seems like an all around good wheel set. Steel spokes, i like the way the nipple is inserted into the rim. 20mm wide. Best of all, tubeless. It doesn't say much about tubeless but if you click on o ... Read More »