DT Swiss RRC 1250 wheelsets - clincher

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

DT Swiss RRC 1250 Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim

Submitted by Carolyn Joan

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2013

Strengths:    sexy looking, light, fast

Weaknesses:    nipples pull out of rims over time, rims will not last

Bottom Line:
I took it to a shop for truing and my wheel are finished as most of the holes that the spokes go through are all cracked. The rim can fail any day. The mechanic told me he sees it all the time with these rims. Don't waste your money on these. For $3,000 you should get way better value!

Submitted by jeff mc

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2013

Strengths:    wheel is light and smooth...turns up to top speed really easy.

Weaknesses:    brake surfaced bulges out after about 5oo miles of riding....wheels will bulge at braking surface when aired to proper air pressure...i have had two sets of theses and they both did the same thing..dt has replaced them once with the rrc 1250 and now the second time with the rc32c wheelset.

Bottom Line:
dissappointed because i payed top money for a top end pair of wheels and got a lower qaulity wheel in exchange under warranty..but, dt did send back the 190 hubs from the original wheel set

Submitted by stuart

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2012

Strengths:    No doubt about it - a brilliant wheel ..... if you are sub 90kg's - unfortunately for some of us larger gents (95kgs) this little race set with obvious visual attraction is not for you - back to the Fulcrum Zero for me

Weaknesses:    They warped & buckled

Bottom Line:
Not for the larger fellow - magic wheel set to ride when they where true

Submitted by Steve Cooper

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2012

Strengths:    Light, Strong, Stiff and Durable

Weaknesses:    Price, Decals come off easy

Bottom Line:
These are the fastest wheels I have ridden. Very smooth and quick for sprinting. Low rolling resistance with the ceramic hubs. The only down side I have found is that the decals have started to come off. I am hoping to get replacement decals from DT. They come in wheel bags which is nice.

Submitted by ilike3bikes a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2011

Strengths:    acceleration,climbing, holding speed

Weaknesses:    Expensive, but worth the money.

Bottom Line:
I am very pleased with my DT Swiss 1250 clinchers. They accelerate very rapidly. It is easy to get a jump on most other wheel sets. They also climb very well. Instead of struggling up a mountain, you can attack it. And, because they are light, you can hold a high speed much longer. The 32 mm wheels are not as aero as some other sets on the market, but you get a healthy combination of aero, climbing prowles and rapid acceleration. I also have a set of Williams System 30s and a set of Williams System 50s, carbon clinchers that are no longer being offered by Williams. I really think you get a lot of bang for your buck with the System 30s. The ceramic bearings are almost as good as the ceramic bearings in the DT Swiss 190 hubs. But, of course, the Williams wheels weigh significantly more. I personally was not able to get much aero out of the System 50s. At 62 years old, I was just not able to turn them over enough to enjoy the built in aero affect. The DT Swiss 1250s do not have the same amount of aero potential, but I can access the aero potential that is there. So, for me, this may be the perfect wheel set. I have learned the hard way that what works best for pros is not necessarily what works best for me. For example a 12/27 cassette works better for me than a 11/23. I hope this helps. One problem I had when I was considering this wheel set was the lack of reviews from other cyclist.