Easton EA90 SL wheelsets - clincher

3.37/5 (27 Reviews)

Easton EA90 SL Road Wheel is the undisputed workhorse in the Easton high-performance wheel lineup. Same ECHO hub as wheels costing twice as much or more. Higher spoke counts front and rear with the ballistics-grade tubeless certified EA90 series rim make

Submitted by Jim

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2015

Strengths:    Look good

Weaknesses:    Spokes break

Bottom Line:
I purchased a set in the spring of 2012. The first year was fine, then the 2nd year I had SIX spokes on the rear wheel break. I weigh 182 lbs. The wheel was sent to the EASTON factory for a rebuild, which took about 2 months. I have had 3 more spoke on the rear wheel break since I got them back. I SO WISH I'D NEVER BOUGHT THESE WHEELS. Consider it money wasted, except for the lesson learned.

Submitted by Jeff Caddock

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2014

Strengths:    Light weight

Weaknesses:    It's had to find spokes for replacements

Bottom Line:
I have had nothing but trouble with these wheels. I have broken numerous spokes in the front wheel and on the anti drive side of the back wheel. There non reliable: you don't know if they'll get you home.

Submitted by TAC a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2014

Strengths:    Light, strong, fast, durable, attracive.

Bottom Line:
I have been riding these for a couple years and have put thousands of miles on them. I am 6'-1" and 210lbs and have not experienced any of the weakness's others have reported. Easy to adjust bearings and they stay properly adjusted. Spokes are strong and stable. Wheels are quick and smooth. Higher spoke count for a stronger more durable wheel.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Similar Products Used:   Magic Aksium

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR Advanced, Shimano Ultegra, PRO Vibe S Bars, 3-T Stem, Fizik Antares saddle, Continental GP4000s tires.

Submitted by Cycling Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2013

Strengths:    light, durable, fast

Weaknesses:    None...

Bottom Line:
These are some great wheels. I was told by an Easton rep that they did have a problem when they received some bad spokes a while back, but that was all resolved. The wheels I got were after the spoke incident and they are awesome. Changed from my Mavic to the Easton EA90 SL's and I am very happy with them.

Submitted by T Connell

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2013

Strengths:    Light weight, Durable, Fast

Weaknesses:    None that I have experienced

Bottom Line:
I have been riding the EA90 SL's for about seven months and could not be happier. I am 205lbs and these wheel are great on my Giant TCR Advanced 2.