Fulcrum FULCRUM ZERO wheelsets - clincher

4.2/5 (15 Reviews)

Just got them yesterday in a box straight from Milan and i have had put 130 km´s on them already.
I also have a pair of Ksyrium SL´s, but this feel lighter,smoother,stronger and faster going up and down. They look awesome and come complete with bags and skewers. I was looking for stiffeness and they are great in this subject. I love them and i would recomend them to anyone.
They sound lovely and the wind is not a subject with them, and i life in a pretty windy area, but there is not a diference with the Mavic´s.

Submitted by john

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2013

Strengths:    stiff, steady, roll up (relatively) fast, smooth bearing

Weaknesses:    Fulcrum/ Campagnolo Company- Warranty- Expensive to purchase- replace repair
Durability-
Weak rim design

Bottom Line:
These wheels were great when they were rolling- for a relatively shallow profile aluminum rim wheel. Considering the retail for $1,700.00 and you can purchase a LOT different wheel sets in this price range, including deeper profile aero carbon wheels. I hadthe Zero's on my bike for 3 months, when one day on a routine Sunday group ride, we rolled through a few sections of uneven pavement and cobblestone type of roads. When I got home, I realized the rim was bent on near the rim edge down into the braking surface. Being the original owner, I contacted the closest Authorized Fulcrum dealer. After a week, Fulcrum explained the wheels would not be cover under warranty, and $500.00 to rebuild (1) rear wheel. Really? $500.00 After just paying $1500.00. Honestly, have been on both sides of the bicycle industry, and knowing most company's try and worm their way out of most warranty claims- I anticipated incurring some expense, and Fulcrum could have repaired the wheel for less-but since they only penetrate >18% market share, guess they need to generate revenue in whatever way they can. Hopefully I can get a few dollars for the set, then back to Mavic.
The name is appropriate however_ ZERO'S, because you get Zero support from Fulcrum.

Submitted by Jack O a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, Smooth, responsive, true and fast.

Bottom Line:
Not that impressed after the first ride, but after the bearings where broken in I have increased my average speed with 1,6 kmt/h compared to my old wheel set (from 27,8 to 29,4) when riding alone, this is meassured on the same 40 km. route (various terrain) over 3 rides on the old wheels and 4 rides on the fulcrum Racing Zero's and with the same tires and tubes as on my old wheels, in order to compare the 2 wheel sets in the most accurate way possible for me, for me the result speaks for itself. Only minor issue was that the hub bearings needed adjusting which is very easy on these wheels... in my opinon the Fulcrum Racing Zero's are highly recommendable

Favorite Ride:   All rides

Purchased At:   Holbæk Cykel Center,

Similar Products Used:   Mracle 60 mm full carbon

Bike Setup:   Principia RS6 Pro, Sram Force, Fulcrum Racing Zero, Nokon Cables, Selle Italia SLR, Conti GP 4000s.

Submitted by David Ballantyne a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2011

Strengths:    Lightness, strong, smooth rolling, and easy to use. Will ride any road!

Weaknesses:    Expensive.

Bottom Line:
I have riden the R-3's for two years and I found them to be bomb proof and a great improvement over the standard Most Chall wheels that come on my Opera Leonardo Carbon bike. I moved up to the R-3's and was blown away by the difference in smoothness, response in all situations and durability. I am a Clydesdale and I ride everything hard and fast and the R-3's rode with me well... until a pigeon hit my front wheel. Don't ask. Crazy stuff, but I survived and the wheel never would stay trued afterwards.
I went to upgrade the R-3's and bought the Racing R-0's and and rode them for the first time in the Granfondo Pinarello. All I can say is, wow, they were 100% better than the R-3's! I loved how they rolled and their lightness. Uphill that made it happen with ease. Downhill and into corners that held the line steady even when I was bombing and diving. I recommend these wheels to anyone wanting a clincher, tubeless wheel set and who can appreciate riding a stallion!

Favorite Ride:   Treviso Granfondo Mediocorsa

Purchased At:   Treviso Italy

Similar Products Used:   R3's from Fulcrum, Most Chall

Bike Setup:   Opera Leonardo, Campy Veloce

Submitted by Roger H a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2011

Strengths:    Too soon to tell...

Weaknesses:    Workmanship?

Bottom Line:
Bought them based on decent reviews and of course, looks. Front wheel needed truing right out of the box. Seem a little cheap, almost like "Made in China". Function okay, so far.

Favorite Ride:   Glendora / Mt Baldy

Purchased At:   Alfred E Bike

Submitted by Lawrence a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, Fast, Rounded Wheelset

Weaknesses:    Forging piece of freewheel body giving the rear wheel at the bad situation while pedalling after ride for quite sometime.

Bottom Line:
Fast, smooth and stiff wheelset. Easily pace at average of 45km/h. When ride, it definitely the stiff wheelset even the road surface uneven, we can fell it very well. While ride uphill, you might felt a little bit heavy if compare with lower profile wheelset since it is profile of 30mm rear and 24mm front.
Bad Side, the latest Fulcrum Racing Zero, freewheel body made from forcing piece, which the paws sitting places unevenly crafted, therefore after i rode for 4months, there is sound like untighten spokes at rear wheel when you are pedalling. Aluminium CNC piece would not having this kind of problem.

Favorite Ride:   After Work ride home