Fulcrum Racing 3 wheelsets - clincher

3.97/5 (34 Reviews)

The Fulcrum Racing 3 is right at home on the race course but it is still plenty durable for everyday training. This new version features updated aesthetics a larger drive side hub flange for more efficient power transfer Shimano 11-speed compatibility and a new eccentric quick-release.

Submitted by Martin

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2016

Strengths:    light and stiff wheels.

Weaknesses:    durability and guarantee

Bottom Line:
after 23 months the freewheel got more and more friction on the hub.
The moving parts, bearings and hub, are not included in the two year guarantee.
Repair would cost me over 200 euro's for the rear wheel.
New price around Euro 400.- for a new set.
Will go for a new mavic ksyrium elite set now euro 500.-

Submitted by Georgie D

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2014

Strengths:    Good value, light (for the price) and nice to ride.

Weaknesses:    Major weakness from my point of view: Impossible to mount tyres, very disappointing. These wheels now sit on my garage floor, only a couple of months old. I am a small female rider with relatively small hands.

Bottom Line:
Do not buy these wheels unless you have hands/thumbs of steel. Otherwise you will cry tears of rage the first time you are on a solo ride and have a puncture!

Submitted by Sean Murphy

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2014

Strengths:    Value, strength, looks

Weaknesses:    Tubeless tires/wheels very difficult to dismount/mount. Needs a few stiff tire levels.

Bottom Line:
Bought 2 year ago from LBS, no problems. About 3000 km on them. Stiff enough to not flex when my 86kg body is bending them on a climb. Don't know what a 'silent' cassette is, this thing is loud (I use it to alert pedestrians or other cyclist, or to scare off dogs - just stop peddling). No problems with skipping - seem to engage quickly and consistently. The white hubs look 'interesting' with the gray Obea frame, not unpleasant - yet uncommon. Work great with Campy Chorus 11s.

Hutchinson tires were incompatible with me - can't keep air in them, or sidewalls in one piece. Only run Maxxis Padrone - only get 1500 km from a set, but they have been (almost) flat free. The theory that tubeless don't get pinch flats is incorrect - they do. You can also patch holes in tubeless tires, just like a car tire (sand paper, glue, tube patch).

I'm pleased I bought the Fulcrum 3's, and really like tubeless wheels.

Submitted by Tony Loh a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, good rolling, no need rim tape, looks, price

Weaknesses:    Perhaps slightly heavy

Bottom Line:
Bought on 25June2012. Been eyeing for a while for it as not many suited my budget.
I'm 70kg. Free wheeling on air lasted 1m35s. Where as my other wheel Soul S2.0 did 2m45s.
Can't compare becos many thousands of km on it already ;-)

Ridden 700km, the free wheeling ratchet sound is still not regular n loud enuf yet :-)
Just finished Ipoh Malaysia Century Ride 2012 last weekend. It is still very true even aft going
into uneven road n potholes. I'm amazed! I'm using Conti GP4000 RED tires on it :-)

Purchased At:   Seng Bee