Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheelsets - clincher

Submitted by Jay T a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2013

Strengths:    -Roll smooth
-High build quality
-Good value
-Consistent and proportional braking
-Somewhat aero

Weaknesses:    -Weight (relatively)

Bottom Line:
I purchased these wheels as a 4-season training replacement for my worn out Shimano WH-500s.

I was immediately impressed with the build quality when unpacking the wheels. Nice construction and perfectly true. Hubs spin very smooth and are easily serviceable. The drive side of the rear wheel has 2:1 spokes to absorb the extra torque from the drivetrain.

First ride was successful on both flat pacework and one steep climb. My braking confidence immediately went up when i switched to these wheels as well. They definitely outperform the shimanos, and I would say they are a great upgrade from a stock wheelset. Will they compare to my high end carbon wheels? No.... but if you find them on sale from one of the popular online retailers they are a great training wheelset.

Purchased At:   ProBikeKit

~$400 Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing Quattro vs. Shimano Ultegra

As the title says, I'm looking for a new wheelset around the $400 price point. I've found both the Fulcrum Quattro and the Shimano Ultegra 6700 to be good candidates. Which one would you go with? Do you have any other suggestions? The Ultegra wheelset is tubeless compatible, but at this point ... Read More »