Hermes Sport Levitator wheelsets - tubular

• Hubs: Tune
  • Lacing Pattern: 24H Radial front, 28H 2-Cross rear
  • Wheelset Weight (tubular): 940g
  • Rider Weight Limit: 200lbs

For those who prefer to make the mountains their playground, our new product is sure to please. The Levitator is the newest product from Hermes Sport. It is a super-lightweight carbon tubular wheelset, featuring hubs from Tune, the German lightweight components masters. Through our relationship with them, the Levitator wheelset is lighter and less expensive than almost all others in its class, yielding obvious benefits. Just as the Aerodynamic wheelsets bring low-cost, high-quality performance to the greater racing population, so too will these bring the same benefits to climbers and weight weenies everywhere.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Nick a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2011

Strengths:    I got a good deal on the price, but I got less than I paid for.

Weaknesses:    -Customer service, communication
    -Quality of build
    -Durability/longevity

Bottom Line:
    To sum it up in one sentence: don't buy Hermes Sport stuff.

I bought the Ritual wheelset to try and help out Alex. He cashed my payment, and then a month and a half went by before my wheels came. In that time I was wondering what was going on but there was no communication or updating from Alex. He would respond to my emails, but then never follow up after that.

When they finally arrived they were already out of true. Three rides later and the wheel was wobbling so bad that it was sticking on the brakes. Had a LBS tune them, which Alex said he'd pay for. It took another several months after many more problems before he actually paid for the trueing.

In the end I sent back one wheel to get my money back, and the other is nothing special. You'd be better off spending the money on Williams Wheels or having your own set built with the same components by a trusted builder.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with a hill and a view