Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelsets - clincher

3.93/5 (152 Reviews)

The Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset features some of the most high end Mavic technologies, so far reserved to top of the line models: Fore drilling, ISM, Isopulse... All this to make sure you can enjoy the most responsive rides. New consistant Ksyrium family

Submitted by Jim Pratt

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2015

Strengths:    Nice light wheels at reasonable price.

Weaknesses:    No braking when wet. Very scary!

Bottom Line:
If you always ride dry they are great. Descending wet they may kill you!

Submitted by peter

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2014

Strengths:    Great wheels, while they last.

Weaknesses:    Rims crack and break after a period of time.

Bottom Line:
I have had six sets of these wheels: two I sold off, one still working (purchased last year) and three rear wheels crack. In baseball you get three strikes and you are out. These wheels ride really well when they are working but I am done investing in a short term product. I am 6,1 180lbs and ride with finesse, I don't put undue stress on my equipment. I will never buy these wheels again due to their short lifespan.

Submitted by Rodger Gentry

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2013

Strengths:    They look good, that's all.

Weaknesses:    I have had my mavic Ksyrium Elits wheels for 1 year 4months, and I have broken 4 spokes, I sent them back to the manufacturer and had them re-spoke and got them back 1 month later broke again. The company that are making them are not very friendly to work with, very complicated to deal with, and I would not suggest buying these wheels if you are an dedicated bike rider as myself.

Bottom Line:
I would not suggesting buying or wasting hard earned money on them.

Submitted by Mike Curro

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2013

Strengths:    Nice Ride

Weaknesses:    They do not hold up.

Bottom Line:
I have broken 3 rear Mavic Ksyrium Elite. I ride about 250 miles a week, mostly flats. The first one lasted 13 months. The second one was an MP3 Insurance replacement (that took 4 months!). It lasted 12 months. The third I purchased new (again). It lasted 5 months. They are a great (expensive) ride. For me, they just do not hold up well. I am 6 foot 185. I will never buy them again.

Submitted by bluegrassblazer

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2013

Strengths:    Solid strength, roll well, look good

Weaknesses:    none that I can find

Bottom Line:
Came with my Gran Premio and I love them. I'm between 190-200 lbs so I was worried that they were too light for me but I've hit some big potholes that rattled my teeth and they didn't flinch.
They roll well and climb well and deserve a much better rider.
No issues yet. at 1600 miles. No cracks or issues and they look like new. Scraped a curb so there's some rash but that's not the rim's fault. A buddy trued them at around 500 miles but I imagine they shipped that way because they're straight as can be since.
I have some CXP11 rims from an old bike and they've never been trued and still ride great...heavy but great. I like Mavic and if these wheels ever wear out I'll get another set.