Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelsets - clincher

3.92/5 (155 Reviews)

The Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset features some of the most high end Mavic technologies, so far reserved to top of the line models: Fore drilling, ISM, Isopulse... All this to make sure you can enjoy the most responsive rides. New consistant Ksyrium family

Submitted by andy mcgarry a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Strengths:    nice looking wheel + good reviews

Weaknesses:    very weak rims. poor value for the price.

Bottom Line:
Having had Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels on my new bike for just 12 months the rim on the back wheel separated causing the tyre to come off causing me a big problem as I was riding a long ride (coast to coast) after wheeling it 2 mile to the nearest bike shop in Oakham I was forced to pay £249.00 for an inferior wheel . Despite the good reviews I don't rate Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels at all they are very over rated and overpriced for the so called quality

Favorite Ride:   lands end john o groats

Purchased At:   merlin cycles

Bike Setup:   lynksky sportive frame . ultegra group set .mavic ksyrium elite wheels

Submitted by CBM

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2015

Strengths:    Fairly light, very strong, and unbreakable wheelset.

Bottom Line:
My circa 2003 Mavic Ksyrium Elites came on my 2003 Specialized SWorks E5. That frame was history after 21,500 miles, but the wheels live on. I am 6'2, 210lbs and ride with purpose. They never needed truing until they passed 24,000 miles, and then only the rear. Rolling on the 3rd set of bearings. After three years doing full time commuter duty here in rainy Seattle on worn-out roads, I will sadly have to retire these soon. The rear wheel braking surface is alarmingly dished and its spokes have loosened to the point where they can no longer be re tensioned. Even at that, they STILL function well. But hey, after 28,000 miles, these Ksyrium Elites don't owe me a penny. Looking to replace them with a new set of Elites.. I hope the 2016 model can hold up as well!!

Submitted by Vaughn a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2015

Strengths:    Nice all arounders. Used to be durable, however....

Weaknesses:    Spokes break too frequently, rims crack!!

Bottom Line:
Have ridden Ksyrium Elites for years, maybe 15,000 miles. Latest pair has two rim cracks at the nipple after 2000 gentle miles. Out of warranty, so they're toast. I can't tolerate disposable wheels. For me and Mavic, I'm done. Will never buy another set. These wheels should have lasted years!!

Similar Products Used:   Ksyrium SLs

Bike Setup:   Specialized S Works Tarmac, SRAM Red
Scott CR1, SRAM Rival

Submitted by Jim Pratt

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2015

Strengths:    Nice light wheels at reasonable price.

Weaknesses:    No braking when wet. Very scary!

Bottom Line:
If you always ride dry they are great. Descending wet they may kill you!

Submitted by peter

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2014

Strengths:    Great wheels, while they last.

Weaknesses:    Rims crack and break after a period of time.

Bottom Line:
I have had six sets of these wheels: two I sold off, one still working (purchased last year) and three rear wheels crack. In baseball you get three strikes and you are out. These wheels ride really well when they are working but I am done investing in a short term product. I am 6,1 180lbs and ride with finesse, I don't put undue stress on my equipment. I will never buy these wheels again due to their short lifespan.