Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheelsets - clincher

3.53/5 (59 Reviews)

Forget what you know about Mavic Ksyrium Equipe. This new version is down to an impressive 1690 g with a low inertia thanks to a new rim extrusion. It gets a new astonishing white version, featuring consistent Ksyrium family graphic approach. Black or Whi

Submitted by Liam Kay a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2015

Strengths:    Tremendous value
Strong

Weaknesses:    Heavy but to be expected for this price

Bottom Line:
Been riding on these for 4 years now. Compare favourably to Fulcrum 5 in terms of value. Run really nicely in all conditions and climb very well.

Purchased At:   Cycling Express

Similar Products Used:   Fulcrum 5
Generic carbon clinchers

Submitted by Andy

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2014

Strengths:    I have found these to be exceptionally strong rims. For the reviewers below, these are road bike wheels. You cannot go into a big pothole at full speed with full weight on saddle and expect to have any wheel intact. These wheels have outstanding reviews elsewhere.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Excellent rim, stable. wont cost arm and leg.

Submitted by Steve

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2014

Strengths:    Durable. Easy to maintain. Inexpensive. Good looking.

Weaknesses:    Lateral flexibility

Bottom Line:
After years of putting up with these wheels flexing at high speeds in cross winds I finally tried increasing the tension by about one third a revolution. I hope not enough to risk durability. But it has made a tremdous difference in stability. Mine are ten years old, have eyelets and are vey easy to true. I'll keep an eye out for cracked rims but I doubt I increased the tension enough for that to be a problem. The ride quality drastically improved.

Submitted by jon f a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2014

Strengths:    Affordable. Look nice

Weaknesses:    I'm 195lb. Front wheels went out of true almost immediately, could not be retrued. Mavic wouldn't replace under warranty. Rear lasted a year and did the same.

Bottom Line:
Look at other options.

Similar Products Used:   Fulcrum 5, custom DT Swiss / Shimano wheelset

Bike Setup:   Spec Tarmac

Submitted by benroe1000

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Strengths:    responsive, corner well, look great

Weaknesses:    not quite bombproof, but a good wheel

Bottom Line:
Let me start this by saying I'm 6'4" and 270lbs. I purchased these wheels off a recommendation by my LBS. I couldn't ride more than 5-10 miles without them coming out of true. I carried them back multiple times until they cranked up the spoke tension a bit for me. Now I've got over 2k miles on them over some fairly ridiculous roads and they haven't let me down in any way. After an initial "tuning in" process they have proven to be a reliable wheel. Yes I know I exceed the recommended weight, and ride crappy back woods TN roads on them. I have destroyed other types of wheels within tens of miles and if this one will hold up to me stomping on it, is fairly light for having to handle an ox like me cranking on them I shouldn't be complaining at all.

Contests