Neuvation Cycling M28 Aero wheelsets - clincher

4.4/5 (131 Reviews)

M28 Aero front wheel has 16 radial spokes and the rear has 20 spokes. Spokes are black anodized, aero bladed stainless steel with brass nipples. Rims are 27mm deep V section aero rims with cnc'd sidewalls. Pair weighs 1725 grams. Skewers are not included. Cassette body is forged chromemoly and works with Shimano 8 or 9 speed cassettes(not included). Hubs are cut out to reduce rotating weight.

Submitted by Marco

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2013

Strengths:    Look nice, relatively light

Weaknesses:    Cracks easily around the spoke holes

Bottom Line:
I was riding one day when the rear rim started to make a annoying noise when I got home I saw one spoke broken and lots of small cracks due to material fatigue. I was scared, the wheel could have colapsed in high speed (I am also heavy...) so I stop the bike immediately and replaced them. Cannot recommend those for serious riders.

Submitted by DoctorJD a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2013

Strengths:    Light, relatively inexpensive, durable, look great.

Weaknesses:    None thus far.

Bottom Line:
I have over two years on the M28 Aero and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I bought them for my old 05' Allez Sport to replace the crappy stock wheels, and I wasn't willing to spend more than $500 for the set. After some research, I opted for the Neuvations. In the two-plus years since I bought them, I haven't had to touch them. They have remained perfectly true, even after numerous pothole hits and off-road excursions. No issues with the hubs either.

I'm picking up my new Roubaix Elite in the next couple of days and the first order of business is to jettison the stock wheels and replace them with my M28's.

Submitted by David

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2012

Strengths:    Good price point. Good customer personalized support.

Weaknesses:    Constantly going out of true, constant spoke breakage. Slow rolling hub.

Bottom Line:
I bought these with great expectations but had so many problems with them, I had to ditch them and buy a set of Fulcrum wheels. I have never looked back. Unfortunately, the positives don't outweigh the negatives. I would never recommend Neuvations and am hesitating to even use as backups.

Submitted by Del a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    Looks, Cheap, Fairly Light

Weaknesses:    Cheap Build, Fatique, Broken Spokes

Bottom Line:
I bought two sets of the M28's for regular road riding. Luckily a spoke broke on rear wheel when I was riding and when inspecting broken spoke I noticed stress cracks on 10 other nipple holes. I decided to check the rear wheel of the second older set of M28's and it to had stress cracks.I rode each set for over just a year. I am grateful they didn't fail on a downhill going over 50 mph. Can't recommend these wheels to anyone in my club because I feel they may be unsafe to ride.

Favorite Ride:   La Domestique Cafe Dundas

Purchased At:   Neuvation Site

Submitted by Doug

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2012

Strengths:    Nice looking wheel set, relatively light. Rides very well.

Weaknesses:    Rear wheel failed completely at about 5k miles. Numerous cracks around rear spoke holes. The M28's seemed like a great deal but for me failure occurred at 18 months. I would rather invest in higher spoke count wheels that will last.

Bottom Line:
Good customer service. John offered to replace rim for $60 but I would pay shipping both ways. I decided to put that money towards a hand built wheel set instead.