Neuvation Cycling R 28 SL wheelsets - clincher

4.43/5 (75 Reviews)

• Store Price

These 1470 gram wheels make great climbing or racing wheels. Triple butted spokes are 2.3 mm at the bend and 1.7 mm in the middle. The 27 mm deep V rim section is strong and aerodynamic. Comes with rim strips, skewers, and extra spokes.

Submitted by CJ a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight and strong. Excellent customer service.

Weaknesses:    So far none.

Bottom Line:
Very smooth bearings. Arrived straight, and only needed a few 1/4 turns to keep them that way for 18 months. I'm 190 pounds and they seem plenty tough for how light they are.

Bike Setup:   Carbon Frame, Dura Ace 7800 components.

Submitted by Sighclone

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2013

Strengths:    Fast, solid, true

Weaknesses:    Front wheel catches wind

Bottom Line:
Switched off the Mavic Aksiums on my Scott CR-1 Team, put on Conti GP4000S skins: WOW. At least 10%, maybe 15% faster everywhere. Cannot beat the price at John's website...mine are 2013 models, btw. I wan't fully prepared for sidewind effect on the front, but if you are ready, it's not a big deal. I'm not a racer, just a fast recreational rider, so aero spokes might help.

Submitted by Jeff a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2012

Strengths:    Light, responsive, track beautifully and roll like they are on frictionless bearings.

Bottom Line:
I have about 500 miles on these wheels, which I bought to replace a set of Reynolds Allez that had simply worn out after 6 years of great riding. The Neuvations are about 10% lighter than the Reynolds, but show no loss of tracking on the downhills or in the wind. Very responsive when climbing or accelerating. Most fun thing is that I am pretty light, but these babies have me rolling past much heavier riders on the long downhills. Using standard spokes (and getting extras thrown into the box) will be a plus if I ever pop one.

Purchased At:   Neuvation, on sale

Bike Setup:   Fuji Team RC

Submitted by John O

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2012

Strengths:    What else the price! nice looking wheels,light, easily moved up 2 mph faster! The 2013 model must be an improvement, im over 200 lbs, no flex no noise on hills smoothe as silk bearings,good to go!

Weaknesses:    Nothing as of yet, a little stiff but Mavic aksium cant compare to these wheels or any other for the price.

Bottom Line:
2013 is the way to go with this wheel set!

Submitted by JW a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2012

Strengths:    Price. Value. Weight. Durability.

Weaknesses:    Not as aero as some very expensive carbon wheels. I can't think of any other weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
I put almost 6k miles on them last year, and I'm well past that mark that now. They're still true. I only weigh 155 and am not real tough on equipment. Still, these have aged much better than all my other wheels (mavic sup/chorus, crummy mavic cosmic equipe, surprising Titans, etc.). My wheelset weighs about 1540 g. Zero maintenance to-date. No creaks. Good braking track. I recommend these to my friends, and see a lot of them around. I'll buy these again.

Purchased At:   neuvationcycling.com