Pro-Lite Bracciano wheelsets - clincher

• 27mm welded alloy rim.
  • 20/24h aero spokes.
  • Cartidge bearing hubs. 2 front 5 rear.
  • Polished silver.
  • Weight: Front 610g, Rear 845g.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Nicholas O'Sullivan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2014

Strengths:    Bomb proof reliability.

Weaknesses:    They come in any colour you like as long as its Black & White.

Bottom Line:
    I'm only relatively new to the market of wheelsets. I've looked at what's on offer from the other brands such as Fulcrum and Easton but Pro-Lite stood out.

I purchased from in Australia from Pro-Lite OZ:

After reading countless reviews from other sites on riders who have had good experiences with Pro-Lite. I thought I would give it a go as the reviewers and forum posts I had read claimed that they had been in accidents and hit pot holes and the wheels have stayed true for years. I thought these wheels sounded perfect as the roads I ride often have potholes, though I never thought I would get in an accident. It turned out just two days after purchasing my wheels I went head over handlebars after hitting a pot hole, hidden by a speed hump. I thought my bike was a right off, it turned out just to be the rear derailleur though, but originally I did think my wheels were irreversibly damaged as well. But, boy was I wrong! They were straight and stiff and where still new. After repairing my bike I've since ridden close to 100km, put in a few sprints and ridden a few street circuits without any issues. I'm not that lighter rider either, I'm 86kg and my bike is 8.5kg. I ride Gatorskin Clinchers with 100PSI and I have no problem holding 35-42km/h(52km/h in sprints) on these wheels.

Submitted by Wilz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2011

Strengths:    I wanted some light wheels for general training rides ; these got best buy from cycling plus so I bought a pair . I am 85KG and found the wheels do not flex uphills ,spin up quickly and are only just bettered by my Dura ace 7890(@£700)

Weaknesses:    none as yet , however looking at the prolite website, if you break a spoke you would need a pro to tension correctly!

Bottom Line:
    Great Wheels at an unbelievable price

Favorite Ride:   swobo crosby

Purchased At:   Wiggle

Similar Products Used:   Campag Khamsin,Dura Ace 7890 carbon, kysrium elite.

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Nirone

Submitted by Trent a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2010

Strengths:    Weight
    Straight and true out of the box - a great build
    Spin up bootifully

Weaknesses:    Hard to get to test - need to search hard to find them

Bottom Line:
    I came across the Bracciano after reading reviews and meeting some people that ride their gear. The wheelset is great value for the money - I would rate it against much more expensive factory wheelsets I looked at and have ridden. It is a light set(mine on the scales sans skewers was a shade over 1400), something I notice when the road turns up. They are stiff - I am yet to get any noticeable flex on climbs, though I don't sprint and so can't comment under that type of load. What impresses me the most is how quickly they spin up - the bearings in the hubs are so very smooth, (sort of like me in my younger days) and run forever. I had just come off a borrowed set of what I rate as the best alloy clinchers around, the Fulcrum Zeros, and these compare favourably. they are a step up from their price-point's competition. So far, at about 150k a week, they have stood up beautifully to Sydney's pave and potholes.

Favorite Ride:   Sydney's Eastern Suburbs Coast Roads

Purchased At:   ProLite-Oz Online

Similar Products Used:   Mavic Aksiums + Krysiums
    Fulcrum 3s and Zeros

Bike Setup:   Potenza carbon frame, ultegra groupo, spokey dokeys and a basket with a flower on it on the front.

Submitted by fit-as-a-fiddle a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2010

Strengths:    Light, stiff, great hubs and relatively inexpensive

Weaknesses:    Pro Lite graphics are painted on, only a weakness if you want them removed although I think they look great!

Bottom Line:
    I love these wheels! My CR1 came with the old style Mavic Aksium, not a bad wheel but super heavy. The Pr-Lites came out of the box true, and remain that way even though Ive been beating on them. Some of the roads I do are very chewed up and it amazes me how light (1500 grams) yet strong they are.

The wheels are aero at 27mm and feel pretty stiff, the hubs are very smooth. HIghly recommend for the price (and because they are great wheels!)

Favorite Ride:   Rock Store

Purchased At:   UnrealCycles.com

Similar Products Used:   Mavic Aksium

Bike Setup:   07 Scott CR1 Pro, SRAM Force

Submitted by halmsi a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2009

Strengths:    Light, Fast and Strong. Good looks and inexpensive price tag. These wheels just spin and spin and spin.

Weaknesses:    No local dealer. Bought sight unseen, but happy I did.

Bottom Line:
    I was looking for something inexpensive to replace my FSA RD-220 training wheelset which was pitiful. I bought these without the pleasure of a test ride, but was impressed with the Pro-lite video from their website. These wheels have surprised and impressed me so far. Really fast hubs that spin up way fast. I only rode them for 20 miles, but it did not take long to notice the upsides.

Favorite Ride:   Chester Springs PA

Purchased At:   www.unrealcycles.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton Circuit, FSA RD-220, Mavic Helium, Mavic Open Pro.

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Palmares, Shimano Ultegra, ITM bar, Cinelli Stem, ITM post. 200lb rider.

Pro-Lite Merano vs Bracciano

Hi, Looking for some a new wheelset, wondering what peoples experience/opinions are on the two pro lite wheelsets are. Bracciano's got some good reviews, but are a little hard to get and I would need to swap out the campag free body hub for a shimano one, so wondering if the merano's wouldnt b ... Read More »

Pro-Lite Bracciano, BWW, Vuelta

So I'm looking to get a new wheelset for training and occasional racing. I recently was reading a thread and they were talking about the Pro-Lite Braccaiano's and from what I read on their website, these wheels look pretty good. But the thing is I can't find anywhere to buy them. Anyone know any web ... Read More »

Vuelta Corsa Super Lite vs. Pro-Lite Bracciano

Trying to decide whether to buy a set of Vuelta Corsa Super Lites or Pro-Lite Bracciano wheels. They're both sub-1500 grams and will cost about $350 w/ shipping. Anybody have any recommendations? Also open to Neuvations, although they're heavier, and this new company called Fuzion out of Californ ... Read More »

Pro-Lite Bracciano wheelset

Has anyone tried or know anything much about the quality of these wheels?Read More »