Profile Design Armada 30 wheelsets - clincher

The Armada 30 uses a 30mm aero section to slice through the air and shred seconds off of your time. Extruded 6061-T6 Aluminum 30mm aero section rim Clincher Proprietary precision machined alloy hubs with custom depth flanges for extra...

Submitted by Andrew McIntyre a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Strengths:    Light and they roll nicely

Weaknesses:    Not durable

Bottom Line:
My first rear wheel that came with the bike cracked at the eyelets. So I purchased another and it cracked again. It's under warrant but it's been several weeks and they haven't sent a new one to my bike shop. Leads me to believe there customer service DEPT is not very good.

Submitted by Paul W.

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2016

Strengths:    Stiff, robust, fairly light

Weaknesses:    No color choices. I would have preferred them in white (like Halo) or polished.

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace my Shiman R500's that came on my Kona Zing. These Armada 30's transfer about 50% more energy, and this translates into a significant increase in speed, especially uphill, where they seem to take on a mind of their own. I was thinking of the Vuelta Corsa Lites, but went for the slightly deeper Profile Design. There are 145g lighter than my Shimanos, even though they are deeper. It feels like a different bike with these, with both more speed and control.
4 stars because there must be better wheels out there somewhere; Rolf Prima? Campy?