Ritchey Pro Road wheelsets - clincher

• 32H 3x Logic 2.0/1.6/2.0 w/ brass nipples

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Rich a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2015

Strengths:    Solidly built, stay true, run smooth. I have the OCRPro wheelset.

Weaknesses:    I couldn't find any

Bottom Line:
    Ok, right up front. I'm 220 pounds 6'1" I've had these wheels on my carbon fibre road bike for 7 years and-to date-21,560 miles I've had to have one spoke replaced, and the front wheel retensioned (once) I ride some pretty rough roads and these wheels have held up and run smooth and true thruout.

Favorite Ride:   Finger Lakes

Purchased At:   Bikesdirect.com

Bike Setup:   CF Road running 50/34 fsa,/Ultegra 6700/ 12-30 10spd

Submitted by Dancer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2011

Strengths:    Durable

Weaknesses:    A little heavy

Bottom Line:
    I had these wheels for 8 years and they are still going strong. I only had to have them trued once. But then again the LBS could have been truing them when I brought the bike in for maintenace once a year. I never broke a spoke ever and I am 170lbs.

Favorite Ride:   Flats

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   None, 1st road bike and these wheels were on it.

Bike Setup:   Ultegra

Submitted by jeff a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2011

Strengths:    Light, nice Rim

Weaknesses:    They Crack, and I haqd problems also with The Bearings!!

Bottom Line:
    Richey 24 Pro

Favorite Ride:   Bianchi

Purchased At:   Gatineau

Similar Products Used:   Mavic open pro. Found them alot Better over-all

Submitted by Marleydog a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2009

Strengths:    Looks good, and that is important if you feel that it is not how good you are, it is how good you look!

Weaknesses:    questionable components used, will not stand behind their product or network of dealers. Stay away from Ritchey wheels!

Bottom Line:
    Purchased bike from Bikes Direct with Ritchey wheels as stock. Wheels were fine for about 750 miles, started getting crunching noises from rear hub and found rear bearing is out. After contacting Ritchey, and being told that I have to go to one of their approved dealers for service, visited four different LBS recommmended by Ritchey to no avail, no one wants to work on these pos rims! and now I know why, there are no parts available per Ritchey! Really dissapointed in their customer service and also Bike Direct service is below average.

Favorite Ride:   Crank Mob

Purchased At:   Bikes Direct

Similar Products Used:   Shimano rs20, Mavic Kyserium Elite

Submitted by Mgholson a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2007

Strengths:    Light, fast, smooth, held their shape.

Weaknesses:    Front wheel flimsy, Ritchey's off center rim makes a strong durable back wheel, until the uneven tension causes the rim to crack.

Bottom Line:
    After almost 2 years of riding I noticed my back wheel had several bad cracks around the holes. Up too yesterday I though these were the best rims I'd ever rode, now I'm not so sure. I have to say that after 5000 miles the rear wheel only needed truing once. The front on the other had needed constant attention, probably because it is 24 spoke radial.

The rear hub seemed to slip every now and again, and the engagement of the freehub sucked.

The wheels were definitly light and fast, and I am 280 lbs. so really I don't need to be on a 28 spoke backwheel.

I can't recommend them, but I can't fault them too much