ROL Wheels D`Huez wheelsets - clincher

4.88/5 (56 Reviews)

The D'Huez is a result of our best thinking: at the wheel-building bench, the computer design screen and on long late winter rides. From the hubs' internal parts out to the rim's farthest point, we put everything we had into this wheel, among our most popular new designs.

The D'Huez is named for the legendary Alpine climb that's featured in so many Tour de France battles. Our lively 1,430 gram hoops live up to the history and will climb alongside wheels costing many times more.

• 24mm Alloy Aero Rim
  • ABEC 5 TPI Steel Sealed Cartridge Bearings
  • ROL Skewers and Rim Tape Included

Submitted by Mike O'Bryan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2017

Strengths:    The D’huez wheels are durable, lightweight, serviceable and don’t break the bank. After 500 hundred miles on the new wheelset I am very happy with the product, especially with the ease of acceleration when attacking and bridging. The wheels also handle well in cross winds which is important for me as a lighter rider in the pack. The 23mm tire on the front feels so good I’m planning to go 23mm on the back when the 25mm wears out. I have also noticed a bunch of other riders using Rolwheels around Washington, DC. Another benefit, I am killing it on Strava when on the D'huez wheels.

Weaknesses:    Only one color option.

Bottom Line:
I needed a replacement wheelset. I identified the replacement wheel hardware to replace one of my end-of-life wheelsets and was going to employ my local bike shop to build up the new wheelset. Just before pulling the trigger with the LBS, I found the D'huez specs, which were almost identical to mine. I took a chance with the Rolwheel D'huez. The D’huez arrived well packaged in just over a week. The build and hardware quality has exceeded my expectations. I wanted light and stiff. They delivered, and with the comfortably wide rim bed I can run narrower tires that feel 2mm wider.

Similar Products Used:   My typical wheelset has been Mavic OpenPro with DT Swiss 14/15, 3-cross, alloy nipples, on many top shelf 32 hole hubs.

Bike Setup:   Lightspeed titanium road, Dura-ace, Chris King.

Submitted by Luke a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2016

Strengths:    Strong, light, fast and wonderful ride quality.

Weaknesses:    No apparent weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Recently purchased D'Huez 24X28 as an upgrade from OEM Fulcrum wheels on Specialized Roubaix. OEM were harsh, loud and not particularly stable at high speeds. I chose the D'Huez based upon the reviews I've read and after speaking with Sean at Rol Wheelworks. I have approximately 100 miles on them and they are everything I was hoping for: light, strong, quiet and a supple road-feel. I've always enjoyed climbing and find these wheels make the most of any effort put into the hills. The combination of wheels and 24mm S-Works tires creates an amazing ride quality. Most of my rides are on chip and seal rural roads and the roughness now seems to disappear at 100psi. Cornering at speed has improved tremendously and I've improved my speed on rides from .5 to 1.3mph. All-in-all, a very significant upgrade that has brought out the best in a very good bike at a reasonable price.

Favorite Ride:   Finger Lakes Hills

Purchased At:   ROL Wheelworks

Similar Products Used:   Rolf Pro Vector, Bontrager Race Lite

Bike Setup:   Specialized Roubaix Expert

Submitted by Brabdon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2016

Strengths:    Light, fast, reliable, durable, great price, never have had to true wheels since purchasing them.

Weaknesses:    Honestly can't think of one weakness.

Bottom Line:
I am not a believer in many companies, but Rol wheels are light, reliable, and they stay true no matter what you roll over. I am such a fan of this wheel I will be purchasing there mtb 29er rims soon. Good luck finding a bad review on the D'huez.

Submitted by Louis Feiten a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2015

Strengths:    This review is for the newest wide D'Huez model. Grest Value!! Best customer service.Stiff, strong, wide rim. My 24/28 D'Huez set was 1474 grams out if the box. Nice clean look. Goes with any color bike.Xlnt climbing , descending, paceline.

Weaknesses:    None.!!

Bottom Line:
This review is for the newest wide D'Huez model. Grest Value!! Stiff, strong, wide rim. My 24/28 D'Huez set was 1474 grams out if the box. Nice clean look. Goes with any color bike.

Simply the best customer service by ANY company!! Never had a failure. Super reliable with spokes you can easily replace. I had spokes fail on my Ksyrium SL set and my Ksyrium Elite. Support did not have the Mavic spokes.

DT Swiss Mon Chasseral,etc. They are all gone.

If I had to own just one set of wheels..it would be the Rol D'Huez 24/28's.

Favorite Ride:   Copper Triangle

Similar Products Used:   I have owned Ksyrium Elites and SL, Easton EA90SL's, American Classic 350 sprints, Reynolds 32's, FFWD 38's,
DT Swiss Mon Chasseral,etc.

Bike Setup:   Cervelo RS, SRAM Force, Rol 24/28 D'Huez.

Submitted by YZ 343 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2014

Strengths:    Light, smooth, durable, really good hubs

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Picked up my set of D'Huez in October of 2012. These were the first of the wider version rims.
Bought them mainly for hill climbs, but they never came off once they were on. Replaced a set of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe. Immediately noticed a big improvement in ride quality and handling. Since buying these wheels, I have tried some other wheels that friends have let me try out, which include Mavic Carbon Cosmic and Dura Ace C-24 and Reynolds 50mm rims laced to White Industries hubs and Sapim Cxrays. All these wheels had strong points, but I like the Rol's the most followed closely by the C24's.
I have about 10K miles so far. About 20 crits, 10 road races, 4 circuit races and about 10 hill climbs among those miles. I have crashed on them in a crit and slammed numerous potholes and have yet to true them. I weigh 165 lbs and own the 20-24 spoke wheels.Originally I was worried about them being too flimsy for my weight. No more worries in that department.
They made my bike look and feel like a completely different bike. Also, I have the opportunity to buy other wheels for a substantial team discount and still stick with the Rol's. I took my bike to my bike shop for a new chain and left it over night. When I came in the next day, the shop owner was asking me all kinds of questions about my wheels. He was shocked at how well they rolled and praised them for living up to their name.
As mentioned in many posts, the customer service is great. I'm now planning on converting to 11 speed and sending my rear wheel in for an updated hub.

Favorite Ride:   Sonora Gran Fondo