ROL Wheels D`Huez wheelsets - clincher

4.88/5 (58 Reviews)

The D'Huez is a result of our best thinking: at the wheel-building bench, the computer design screen and on long late winter rides. From the hubs' internal parts out to the rim's farthest point, we put everything we had into this wheel, among our most popular new designs.

The D'Huez is named for the legendary Alpine climb that's featured in so many Tour de France battles. Our lively 1,430 gram hoops live up to the history and will climb alongside wheels costing many times more.

• 24mm Alloy Aero Rim
  • ABEC 5 TPI Steel Sealed Cartridge Bearings
  • ROL Skewers and Rim Tape Included

Submitted by Fletcher Burrus

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Strengths:    Wow just an incrdible wheel set ! wow ! the beat wheel set for the money 1 in the World ! My 24-28s ate so incredibly light ; and so responsive ! Sean Lambert and whole team @Rol are the finest wheel company for value ;quality and customer service ! In the World -bar none 1 See for yourself 1 just fantastic wheels for all levels and diciplines !

Weaknesses:    No weakness es ! none ! what so ever ! just super strong -durable and so lite !

Bottom Line:
The best wheels for the money ! any-where ! and incredible ; fantastic customer -service with every set ! Rol has set a new standard ! for racers ; recreational and every riider ! Amazing wheels and the best people ! get on a set !! today ! Fletcher

Submitted by Todd a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Strengths:    Light and responsive

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Replaced the Ultegra Wheels that came on my Colnago. Initial thoughts after two rides (30 miles rolling hills, flats and one big hill) and a 20-mile ride (flat). I am 5'9 200 pounds so going up big steep hills is still going up big hills by a fat guy. So not a ton of difference there....there was some and over a longer period of time on some big hills, I think the difference would be greater. HOWEVER, these wheels made a HUGE DIFFERENCE on the rollers and small hills. They wanted to spin and spin and spin....they outperformed me and wanted to go faster than I was able to take them. Serious difference in the ability to get up and over the rollers without losing speed or having to sprint to keep the speed up. So much so that I posted a personal best on my 30-mile ride. These wheels just want to go fast. Seem very light and well-made( no flex, squeeks or pings). Looking forward to spending more time on them this summer and will update. So far so good.

Bike Setup:   Colnago CX Zero Evo

Submitted by Mike O'Bryan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2017

Strengths:    The D’huez wheels are durable, lightweight, serviceable and don’t break the bank. After 500 hundred miles on the new wheelset I am very happy with the product, especially with the ease of acceleration when attacking and bridging. The wheels also handle well in cross winds which is important for me as a lighter rider in the pack. The 23mm tire on the front feels so good I’m planning to go 23mm on the back when the 25mm wears out. I have also noticed a bunch of other riders using Rolwheels around Washington, DC. Another benefit, I am killing it on Strava when on the D'huez wheels.

Weaknesses:    Only one color option.

Bottom Line:
I needed a replacement wheelset. I identified the replacement wheel hardware to replace one of my end-of-life wheelsets and was going to employ my local bike shop to build up the new wheelset. Just before pulling the trigger with the LBS, I found the D'huez specs, which were almost identical to mine. I took a chance with the Rolwheel D'huez. The D’huez arrived well packaged in just over a week. The build and hardware quality has exceeded my expectations. I wanted light and stiff. They delivered, and with the comfortably wide rim bed I can run narrower tires that feel 2mm wider.

Similar Products Used:   My typical wheelset has been Mavic OpenPro with DT Swiss 14/15, 3-cross, alloy nipples, on many top shelf 32 hole hubs.

Bike Setup:   Lightspeed titanium road, Dura-ace, Chris King.

Submitted by Luke a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2016

Strengths:    Strong, light, fast and wonderful ride quality.

Weaknesses:    No apparent weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Recently purchased D'Huez 24X28 as an upgrade from OEM Fulcrum wheels on Specialized Roubaix. OEM were harsh, loud and not particularly stable at high speeds. I chose the D'Huez based upon the reviews I've read and after speaking with Sean at Rol Wheelworks. I have approximately 100 miles on them and they are everything I was hoping for: light, strong, quiet and a supple road-feel. I've always enjoyed climbing and find these wheels make the most of any effort put into the hills. The combination of wheels and 24mm S-Works tires creates an amazing ride quality. Most of my rides are on chip and seal rural roads and the roughness now seems to disappear at 100psi. Cornering at speed has improved tremendously and I've improved my speed on rides from .5 to 1.3mph. All-in-all, a very significant upgrade that has brought out the best in a very good bike at a reasonable price.

Favorite Ride:   Finger Lakes Hills