ROL Wheels M45 wheelsets - clincher

The M45 brings the performance of a medium-section carbon wheel to a wider audience. The 45mm rim height hits the sweet spot for aerodynamic performance with minimal weight penalty and confidence in cross-winds. And the alloy rim delivers reliable braking in wet or dry conditions with regular brake pads.

Submitted by Dennis Winschel a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2017

Strengths:    These wheels are stiff and roll smoothly. They feel like you are riding on rails.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy for climbing and sprinting . . . .but I don't do that anymore!!

Bottom Line:
I'm a senior citizen cycling enthusiast. I bought these used because all the data consistently pointed to ROL wheels as quality wheels. When these came on sale I took a chance since these wheels are no longer in production. I couldn't be happier. Like the other reviewer has said, "These are solid and smooth. When you stomp on them they don't flex." I'm enjoying the heck out of these wheels. Wish I would have made this kind of upgrade sooner. I encourage those looking to consider ROL when looking at new wheels. Also these rims are the wider width. I'm finding that they make the ride noticeably smoother.

Favorite Ride:   50 miles of rolling farmland

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Easton Orion II, Neuvation SL6

Bike Setup:   Merlin Agilis, Sram Force

Submitted by Rolf

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2016

Strengths:    Fast at speed. Aero. Carbon with AL braking surface. Durable. They look cool.

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest wheelset, but for aero carbon with aluminum braking they're not boat anchors.

Bottom Line:
Great for going fast! On fast rides (I notice the difference on flat to rolling Strava segments!) they.re noticeably faster than my everyday Rol Race SLR's. Stiff! When I hammer, they don't feel wimpy/flexey. Aluminum brake tracks! At 200 pounds, I don't have to worry about melting the rims on a downhill. Durable! 2500 miles and counting, typical great Rol durability. Great price! Bought them at the end-of-season sale, $1100 for this wheelset is a great value. Happy I got them, if these ever wear out I'll buy them again.