Rolf Prima Vigor wheelsets - clincher

4.21/5 (24 Reviews)

The Vigor wheelset from Rolf Prima features their new Delta rim profile that increases the tire to rim transition and smoothes the airflow over the area to reduce drag. The wider rim profile also gives the Vigor wheelset increased stabil...

Submitted by Toine a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2015

Strengths:    Extremely durable and stiff

Weaknesses:    -

Bottom Line:
Riding these wheels now for 3 years in amateur-races. Strong and stiff: quick acceleration and up-hill you feel that all power is transferred into speed. The only maintenance done last 3 years is the winter-maintenance.
Compared to my previous wheel-sets (Shimano Ultegra and Dura-ace) this Vigor RS beats them on all aspects.
Want a wheel set for an "average" price that will keep you smiling for years ? .........This is the one.

Purchased At:   DMP bikes Netherland

Similar Products Used:   Shimano ultegra
Shimano Dura ace

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Hi-MOD Supersix

Submitted by tom robert a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2014

Strengths:    Spin like crazy. Have been very durable.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
We have had the rs vigors for 4 years. I being a 200lb rider used them for 2 years on a sl2 tarmac. Training and racing road and crits. Put about 7K miles on them in New England. My wife has ahd them for 2 years now and wont give them up. Spring 2013 she hit a hole so hard it dented the rear rim just below the brake track. I was able to straighten it and had my shop true the wheel. Still riding the same set had them trued twice with about 17,000 miles on them. Still going strong and spin like new. Looking to get a new wider set for myself. I tried ksyriums, like riding in mud. Easton ea90 aeros, breaking spokes. Nothing beats the Rolf Vigor RS wheels.

Purchased At:   local

Similar Products Used:   Eastons, Race x lites, ksyriums, dt swiss.

Bike Setup:   Currently on a 2013 scott foil.

Submitted by mark satorre a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2013

Strengths:    Looks good when it doesn't break

Weaknesses:    breaks easily, poor customer service and expensive to repair.

Bottom Line:
I'm 6 feet 220 lbs and I broke my Rolf vigor rear wheel while riding 20 miles on a regular ride. I called and emailed customer support and the only thing I got was it cost 300 bucks per wheel to fix and put decal stickers. If I want both then I have to pay another 300 dollars. For short I'm screwed and I have to buy another set of wheelsset. Better find another company with better customer support. I paid 1000 dollars for these wheels more than a year ago and I don't usually ride this everytime. I rode this total less than 500 miles. My option now is to sell this piece of crap on craigslist and find somebody that will be stupid enough to buy then broken. I'm eyeing the mavic kysyrium sl premium wheelset replacement because I read and heard a lot about these wheelset and the company's customer service rocks!

Favorite Ride:   long rides

Purchased At:   online store

Similar Products Used:   mavic and dt swiss

Bike Setup:   Specialized sworks

Submitted by Len a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2013

Strengths:    Lite, stiff and reliable. Do not require a lot of maintenance.

Weaknesses:    I don't like decals on these wheels. Too much of decals.

Bottom Line:
I have 3 high-end bikes with the different wheel sets. 2009 and 2013 ZIPP 404 tubulars, 2013 ZIPP 202 clinchers and Rolf Prima Vigor. I've been racing and riding on all this wheels. The only difference I can notice is between ZIPP 404 when going over 18-20 ml/h. Other then that the Vigors performs very well as all around wheel set. Given the price and convenience of a clincher wheels these wheels is a bang for the money. Very happy that I purchased these wheels 5 years ago. In my opinion these wheels are underrated.

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   2009 and 2013 ZIPP 404 tubulars, 2013 ZIPP 202 and Shimano Tubless wheelset.

Bike Setup:   2008 Cervelo R3-SL
2010 Cervelo S3 TDF Limited Edition
2013 Cervelo Rca

Submitted by sdw5012 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2013

Strengths:    Stiffness, looks, hubs, value

Weaknesses:    Nothing really that I can think of.

Bottom Line:
This review is for the rolf prima vigor rs. I'm a heavier rider around 205 lbs and I contacted the guys at rolf prima directly and they recommended the extra spokes for additional stiffness. I must say the customer service was great. I wanted to wait until I got a few rides in before writing a review. I've got a few hundred miles and just raced them for the first time in a triathlon this past weekend. These things spin up so quickly and just keep on rolling. On group rides I find that I'm just coasting at times my riding partners are pedaling. The great thing about these wheels is that they are like the Swiss Army knife of bike wheels....they can be used for all types of riding. If you can only have, or like most of us afford, a single wheel set these are a great option. They aren't the lightest wheels but they climb better than the stock wheels I had. I was also looking at the American classic aero 420's but these had a wider rim so I decided on these. I can get out of the saddle to climb or sprint and I don't get the flex from these like I did with my other wheels. I I don't really have anything bad to say about these wheels. If I need another set of wheels, I'll definitely give Rolf Prima a look.

Purchased At:   Gotta ride bikes

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR Advanced 2

Check out hottest cycling products from these brands!