Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C24-TL Carbon Tubeless wheelsets - clincher

Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Carbon Tubeless Wheelset is Shimano's top-of-the-range 11-speed compatible road wheelset. The staple of the new 9000 series Dura-Ace Groupset, the C24 highlights a very responsive wheel that will out-accelerate and out-climb just

Submitted by David

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2016

Strengths:    Light, very nice hubs, reliable

Weaknesses:    Lack of anodizing inside rim results in corrosion with sealants

Bottom Line:
I started using tubeless tires a few years ago and bought these tubeless wheels to replace some Stan's wheels that started creaking. I was very happy first time out. Tire fit up was easy and they seem to roll freely. After a couple years and many miles, the hubs still spin like they were new. I'm 180 lbs and the wheels have only needed minimal truing over the last two years. One selling point for me was not needing rim tape which I figured would be even better for a tubeless application. The problem is the damage from tire sealant on the non-anodized rim surface. I noticed pitting the first time I changed tires and recently I noticed the valve stem hole was severely corroded away and probably at the end of its life as a tubeless wheel. I've also noticed some carbon separation near the valve stem hole.

Favorite Ride:   Ft Davis Cyclefest

Purchased At:   Excelsports

Similar Products Used:   Stan's Alpha 340 Team

Bike Setup:   60cm Trek Madone with Dura Ace 9000

Submitted by fast ferd a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2014

Strengths:    Vertically and laterally stiff. Very high quality. Perfectly true after 3k miles.

Weaknesses:    Running 10-sp cassette, which creaks with spacers. Hope this goes away when I switch to 11-sp in the coming weeks.

Bottom Line:
Best wheels I have ever owned. Shop around to find discounted heavily below retail. Coming from 7850 CL24, these are much stiffer. Incredibly strong and well built.

Favorite Ride:   Merlin Extralight

Similar Products Used:   7850 CL24, WH-7801, and conventional 32h 3X Dura Ace hub w/Mavic Open Pro.

Bike Setup:   7900 Dura Ace