Spinergy Stealth FCT wheelsets - tubular

• Axles: Aerospace grade aluminum
  • Weight: 1390 grams

Submitted by RWater

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2014

Strengths:    Light, Aero, Tough. Great Looks.

Bottom Line:
I bought a set of the FCT with PBO spokes 2 years ago. They are pretty light for a deeper carbon wheel. They roll FANTASTIC! The ride is very nice. They seem to absorb a fair amount of road buzz but also maintain their stiffness. No spoke problems at all. These are my main race wheels and I also train on them a fair amount. Bearings, spokes and freehub all have held up well. I'm more of a sprinter and love how these wheels spin up in a sprint. Great looks, very reliable.

Just like any other race wheel, they will need service attention. That is where you will meet Joe. He heads the service dept at Spinergy. Pleasure to work with, fast turn around. Excellent customer service skills. He was able to get my wheels serviced and returned in time for my next big race. He is also quite helpful on guiding me thru some light service work that I can do at shorter intervals.

I love my FCT's. Hoping to get some FCC's for my other bike.

Submitted by danclark2946 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2009

Strengths:    firm

Weaknesses:    out of true a lot.

Bottom Line:
Extremely disappointed in Spinergy Wheels, last month broke a spoke on the rear wheel, local bike shop repaired. One week later another spoke broke and then when riding in the mountains the rear wheel warped which made the rear brake useless. Bought these wheels in July 08 and the company is being very difficult about their one year warranty.

Favorite Ride:   anything long and windy

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Synapse

Submitted by Golan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2009

Strengths:    whight, rigidity, responsivness, comfort, looks, company service

Weaknesses:    non

Bottom Line:
These are my third Spinergy wheels.
I can steel remember the first time I tried Spinergy, I couldn’t wipe of the smile of my face. The feeling was something I didn’t felt before, as though the wheels just want to move forward and it’s you that stopping them.
So I bought my first set the Xaero lite and I loved them. But with the disease of upgrading I then moved to the PBO (semi Carbon rim) they were excellent as expected but different and they looked also great on my black Talon SL. after I sold them I tried for a very short ride the Mavic Ksyrium SL and I knew immediately that these are not the wheels for me, I felt the rode in my back like never before. So I bought the ultimate wheels for my opinion the FCT and I expected that a full carbon rim will make a difference and that sure did, big time. They also met my expectations, which were high btw.
These are by far the best wheels I have ever ridden. So light So comfortable so responsive and so rigid. They are also very beautiful and fit my bike like a glove. I don’t want to say what I think of other wheels that even more expansive but just let me tell you pbo spokes with full carbon rim makes wheels that are out of this world.
Lately I contacted Spinergy service, they are excellent. If you own such expansive equipment the most important thing in my opinion is to know you have a “back” (this is way I don’t let go of my Kestrel btw) and I reveled that I have one of the best out there, Thank you Joe.
Maybe 1500$ for a pair of wheels is a lot (in Israel it’s almost 2500$) but if you consider the price of carbon rims alone and consider other wheels out there, this is cheap (relatively speaking of course). I love these wheels and probably these are the last ones for me nothing comes close to them, but if my disease of upgrading will merge again I can guess the new ones will be Spinregy as well.
There are some places for improvements, in my opinion, but they are meaningless as the wheels deliver the goods big time. Try them and see if you can stop smiling (-: