Spinergy Stealth PBO wheelsets - clincher

4.54/5 (56 Reviews)

• Store Price

Spinergy Stealth PBO Road Wheels: Ideal for crits, short course triathlons and everyday riding. 43mm super light 3K carbon clincher rim with aluminum brake surface. 16 front, 20 rear double butted stainless steel spokes, radial 2-cross lacing black or white available

Submitted by James Koch a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2014

Strengths:    Spin Great!
Bulletproof.
Efficient.
Most for your Money!

Weaknesses:    You pick up some grams, but they will last... Not a weight weenie wheel. A real Aero workhorse!

Bottom Line:
I had the privilege to demo these for a bit. These wheels spin up real nice. A great wheel for the cost! Bullet proof!

Submitted by Antonio García a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2014

Strengths:    Excellent quality-cost relationship

Weaknesses:    If you aren't from USA, you will have problems about spare-parts.

Bottom Line:
In spite of the fact that I bought these wheels 5 years ago, I've just had a serius problem with my rear wheel and I need to replace several parts, specifically the hub where the spokes are attached, the axle and the free hub where the crankset is set.
My main problem is that I'm from Spain and I can't get these spare-parts in Spain. So, I'd like that someone helps me to find a shop in USA where I could buy them getting a best price. I'll need to make contact with the shop by email.

If you want to help me, please send me an email to antoniodelmirador@gmail.com

Submitted by FHalter

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2014

Strengths:    Great for heavier rider....being a larger rider (not fat!) capable of a lot of stress on a wheel set, I have found these wheels are able to stand up to alot of abuse, have great ride feel while being plenty stiff under hard exceleration and climbing...also in my opinion Spinergy has the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with! Joe and Rene are fantastic.

Bottom Line:
Great wheel,Great value,fantastic customer service

Submitted by Dave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2013

Strengths:    Sturdy, great cornering, roll all day, aero, appearance

Weaknesses:    None for this kind of wheel set

Bottom Line:
This is actually my second review for these wheels, the first was written in 2008. I wore them out and it was cheaper to get a new set of wheels rather than replace them.

After shopping around for different sets, and trying out a couple of other wheels, I decided to purchase another set of these. The bottom line was that I wanted an aero wheel with an aluminum rim and of course a good ride quality. Other wheels with similar construction (Mavic Cosmic SL, Eastons) both weigh and cost more. Plus the Stealths look great with their colored spokes.

This weekend I rode a Century on them, the first time I have ridden the new set. They were just like the old set and perhaps a bit lighter than the older wheels (according to the web site, probably around 100 grams lighter).

So I am happy. If you are looking for an durable aero wheelset that can be used daily, this is a very good choice. Lots of great bang for the buck.

Purchased At:   Spinergy

Bike Setup:   Ridley Damocles

Submitted by Joseph n.

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Strengths:    Solid and fast

Weaknesses:    None at this time

Bottom Line:
I am not a pro ,I replace my stock wheels when I got my bike,but this wheels make a big different in my ride..very good!

Mavic ksyrium elite (2010) vs. spinergy Stealth pbo

Just wondering if anyone has experience with both of these wheel sets. I am getting a cannondale supersix 5 and considering changing the wheels set. I have a 2010 Mavic ksyrium elite kicking around but I can grab a pair of the spinergys for cheap. I ride about 90 miles per week through all weather ... Read More »

Spinergy Stealth PBO run tubeless???

Anyone have luck converting a set of Spinergy wheels to tubeless with Stans strips? looking to avoid goatheads this year.Read More »

Ksyrium SL Premium vs. Spinergy Stealth PBO

I am really stuck between the two. Can't decide on which one to get! I am training for Triathlon's and weigh between 220-230 lbs. I am upgrading from Mavic Elites. Can anyone help?Read More »

Spinergy Stealth PBO vs Reynolds Attack

I can't make up my mind. Which ones would you recommend for me? I'm a cat 5 should be cat 4 by end of summer. Current weight is 200lbs but should be down to the 180's, again by end of summer. Opinions please! TimRead More »

Flashpoint FP40 v/s Spinergy Stealth PBO

I want to buy a set of clincher carbon wheels for under $1000. Good for everyday training and racing (once every blue moon) I'll be doing my first Ironman in April. So I don't want to spend a lot of money to use them 3 time a year. I read reviews on both wheels and both sound like good options. Sinc ... Read More »