Spinergy Stealth PBO wheelsets - clincher

4.57/5 (65 Reviews)

Spinergy Stealth PBO Road Wheels: Ideal for crits, short course triathlons and everyday riding. 43mm super light 3K carbon clincher rim with aluminum brake surface. 16 front, 20 rear double butted stainless steel spokes, radial 2-cross lacing black or white available

Submitted by Ed Moore a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2017

Strengths:    Great value for the price. Look great. Do anything wheelset.

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
Bought a used Tarmac and inherited a set of these wheels. Have been very happy with them. Fortunately for me I live in San Diego near their headquarters and was able to take my wheels into them for a tune up. They adjusted all the spokes, inspected the axle and hub, and cleaned and re greased them. Great customer service. Would recommend these wheels.

Purchased At:   United States

Submitted by David Struble

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2016

Strengths:    Strong and responsive. I have raced this wheelset for the last 3 years. I love the fact that when you need to drive the pace or sprint the wheelset reacts quickly and accordingly.

Weaknesses:    I haven't found any weaknesses yet.

Bottom Line:
A very good bang for your buck wheelset. I also enjoy the fact that they are fully customizable. Mine are yellow on the drive side and black on the non drive side. You can bring your own flavor to the wheelset. This wheelset races well in short to medium distance duathlons and triathlons

Submitted by Todd

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2016

Strengths:    Price
Performance
Durability
Looks

Weaknesses:    I have yet to find any draw backs to these wheels.

Bottom Line:
I have several sets of Spinergy PBO wheels as well as Rev X wheels. Rev X sets were all purchased used for various prices. Love the looks of them as well as the function. I've had no issues with form or function. On top of great performance they still look bad ass. I have several sets of the Stealth PBO wheels and I believe you can't buy a better wheel at this value point. They perform as well as wheels at twice the cost. The smooth performance is also unrivaled. I am extremely hard on my bikes and wheels (road and TT bikes) and I have not had any wheels out of true or have any other issues. I've put them all through the ringer in hopes of finding what their limits are and I have yet to find it. I never hesitate to but used sets that I find for a good value. I have also pulled many of my friends into the Spinergy cult following. Use them, you'll absolut love them.

Submitted by Mark Drake

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2016

Strengths:    Strong, durable, stay true, comfortable ride, great looks

Weaknesses:    My buddies want to steal them

Bottom Line:
I ride a FORCE RX Handcycle and my wheels of choice are Spinergy POB/carbon alloy clincher wheels mounted with Tufo tubular clincher tires. This combination gives me the best possible ride on a handcycle. I have been building wheels since the mid seventies professionally in my bike shops and have never seen a more reliable wheel than Spinergy's POB built wheels. I mentioned the Tufo tire because, mated with Spinergys wheels there isn't a more comfortable combination on a handcycle. I would assume a bicycle would be the same, because I an no longer ride a bike to compare the ride. I also have a Freedom Ryder LC1 which I ride occasionally with stainless spokes and Tufo tires but hands down. Spinergy is the best ride!

Submitted by igosolo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2016

Strengths:    Bombproof
Look great
There is an 11 speed conversion hub available
Wheels soak up the road chatter with the PBO spokes
Priced right
Great customer service

Weaknesses:    Not super light, but neither am I.
Need to keep an eye on the rear hub and service as required, can creak some if it gets loose.

Bottom Line:
I am 6'6 and 225-230 lbs so not gentle on bike parts. I got a set of these wheels with a used bike I purchased and the previous owner was my size. His take was that these were the best wheels he had ever ridden and bomb proof. I was skeptical coming from several cracked and out of true other brand rims. Well I am glad that he was right. These are the best wheels I have ever ridden and have never required truing after 1000's of miles. Bought a 2nd set brand new a few years back and they have performed just as well. I bunny hop imperfections in the road all the time and even curbs if I need to and have no worries about these wheels.

Are they the lightest wheels, no, but at my size durability is crucial but I also like a good looking wheel with some aero advantage so this is a winner for me.

I have worked with Spinergy Customer Service a couple times over the years to get rear hub parts and advice on the rebuild and it has been great.

After 17,000 combined miles on my 2 wheel sets with never needing a true, I am a believer and they both have 1000's more miles left in them.

Purchased At:   eBay