Spinergy Stealth PBO wheelsets - clincher

4.58/5 (66 Reviews)

Spinergy Stealth PBO Road Wheels: Ideal for crits, short course triathlons and everyday riding. 43mm super light 3K carbon clincher rim with aluminum brake surface. 16 front, 20 rear double butted stainless steel spokes, radial 2-cross lacing black or white available

Submitted by Matt a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Strengths:    Ideal wheel set for clydesdales and racers alike. Stay true forever and are bullet-proof. Easy maintenance. Very aero and spin up nice for their weight.

Weaknesses:    Little on the heavy side (especially with the new bladed PBOs).

Bottom Line:
Outstanding value wheel set. The customer service is top notch and the Spinergy team will go well out of their way to service your wheels and ensure you are happy--some of the best customer service I have ever seen. On to the wheels--they are heavy (bladed PBOs around 1750+ grams), but they roll well, spin up fast and easily help me hold speed on flats and rolling hills. Big climbs are little tougher, but again, Im a 210 lb Clydesdale!! These wheels stay true forever and are bullet proof. I highly recommend these for someone looking for aero on a budget, but still expecting quality!!

Similar Products Used:   Reynolds Assault

Bike Setup:   60cm Trek Madone 9.2 with Ultegra Di2 11-28

Submitted by Ed Moore a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2017

Strengths:    Great value for the price. Look great. Do anything wheelset.

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
Bought a used Tarmac and inherited a set of these wheels. Have been very happy with them. Fortunately for me I live in San Diego near their headquarters and was able to take my wheels into them for a tune up. They adjusted all the spokes, inspected the axle and hub, and cleaned and re greased them. Great customer service. Would recommend these wheels.

Purchased At:   United States

Submitted by David Struble

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2016

Strengths:    Strong and responsive. I have raced this wheelset for the last 3 years. I love the fact that when you need to drive the pace or sprint the wheelset reacts quickly and accordingly.

Weaknesses:    I haven't found any weaknesses yet.

Bottom Line:
A very good bang for your buck wheelset. I also enjoy the fact that they are fully customizable. Mine are yellow on the drive side and black on the non drive side. You can bring your own flavor to the wheelset. This wheelset races well in short to medium distance duathlons and triathlons

Submitted by Todd

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2016

Strengths:    Price
Performance
Durability
Looks

Weaknesses:    I have yet to find any draw backs to these wheels.

Bottom Line:
I have several sets of Spinergy PBO wheels as well as Rev X wheels. Rev X sets were all purchased used for various prices. Love the looks of them as well as the function. I've had no issues with form or function. On top of great performance they still look bad ass. I have several sets of the Stealth PBO wheels and I believe you can't buy a better wheel at this value point. They perform as well as wheels at twice the cost. The smooth performance is also unrivaled. I am extremely hard on my bikes and wheels (road and TT bikes) and I have not had any wheels out of true or have any other issues. I've put them all through the ringer in hopes of finding what their limits are and I have yet to find it. I never hesitate to but used sets that I find for a good value. I have also pulled many of my friends into the Spinergy cult following. Use them, you'll absolut love them.

Submitted by Mark Drake

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2016

Strengths:    Strong, durable, stay true, comfortable ride, great looks

Weaknesses:    My buddies want to steal them

Bottom Line:
I ride a FORCE RX Handcycle and my wheels of choice are Spinergy POB/carbon alloy clincher wheels mounted with Tufo tubular clincher tires. This combination gives me the best possible ride on a handcycle. I have been building wheels since the mid seventies professionally in my bike shops and have never seen a more reliable wheel than Spinergy's POB built wheels. I mentioned the Tufo tire because, mated with Spinergys wheels there isn't a more comfortable combination on a handcycle. I would assume a bicycle would be the same, because I an no longer ride a bike to compare the ride. I also have a Freedom Ryder LC1 which I ride occasionally with stainless spokes and Tufo tires but hands down. Spinergy is the best ride!