Spinergy Stealth SS wheelsets - clincher

4.63/5 (8 Reviews)

Lightweight and super strong, the Stealth SS offers aerodynamics and a 45mm carbon rim at the price of competitor's aluminum wheels.

Submitted by kevin a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2011

Strengths:    Seem to be super strong, roll really good & seem to be fast for most races

Weaknesses:    None from me so far!!

Bottom Line:
Look fantastic on the bike an roll really well,Great on the flat's and smaller hills but larger hills I'd go to a lighter wheel, Haven't had problems at all with these & I've hit a few pot holes & ur roads aren't the smoothest

Favorite Ride:   Giant TCR

Similar Products Used:   Zipp 303s & Mavic

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR
Dura Ace

Submitted by Joseph a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2010

Strengths:    Look great on my 2007 LeMond Zurich! Definite increase in speed on flats to rolling terrain. Perceived effort on rides seems to be reduced, as the aero design really assists in cutting through the air. I believe in these wheels!

Weaknesses:    Not great for long climbs or sprints. Truing is a bother, in that the adjustments are made within the wheel, meaning you have to remove the tire, tube and tape. unlike the Neuvations, I've had to true these twice in three months. Albeit, I am a heavier rider (225) and Ohio roads can be rough in this present economy. Crosswinds on a downhill can be scary if you're not prepared!

Bottom Line:
Bought these to compliment a pair of Neuvation R28's, and to try to improve my results in local TT's. They have certainly done the latter, improving my max speed by 2.7MPH, and decreasing my time in a 10 mile TT by 1:07. They feel fast in the flats and downhill. However, they are a bit heavy and not as reactive as the Neuvations in climbs and sprints.

Favorite Ride:   All of them

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Neuvation M28 Aero; Neuvation R28-SL; Ksyrium Elite

Bike Setup:   2007 LeMond Zurich
Dura Ace components
Serfas Seca RS tires

Submitted by gcrockey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2010

Strengths:    when I could not find a spinergy dealer in Michigan I called the company and they immediately had me send the wheels to them and fixed them and returned them to me free of charge. I am ready for the new season! Thanks Spinergy

Weaknesses:    No current dealers in Michigan

Bottom Line:
Very happy with these wheels -have noticed a 2-3 mph increase. Wear extremely well and when I needed service -the Spinergy company was outstanding

Favorite Ride:   DALMAC in Michigan

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Greg Rockey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2010

Strengths:    The spinergy service department is super. When we could not find a local bike shop that would help us (none had worked on spinergy wheels before) a call to Spinergery resulted in our sending the wheels to them and free service and return. We are ready for the coming season! Thanks Spinergy!

Weaknesses:    We could not find a local dealer in Michigan at this time - but the company certainly stands behind their product and helped us our to more than our satisfaction.

Bottom Line:
My wife and I have found our Spinergy wheels to live up to all they are advertised to be. Not only have our wheels increased our rpm, but the Spinergy service really blew us out of the water.

Favorite Ride:   DALMAC

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by pacelinepat a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2009

Strengths:    Fast, stiff, cool white only graphics.

Weaknesses:    heavier that advertised. Spotty carbon finish. Spokes aren't bladed, but do they need to be?

Bottom Line:
I purchased these wheels because at the time, I couldn't find any PBO wheels for my budget. So I went for the SS. I was not all that impressed until I rode them. What a difference! They spin up faster and are stiffer than my Mavic krysium elites. The speed difference is at least 2mph. I can sprint over 30 easily and hold it for much longer. The aero advantage is very pronounced. look to be bulletproof. I would highly recommend them. Next time, PBO spokes

Purchased At:   ebay