Spinergy Xaero Lite Road wheelsets - clincher

4.38/5 (34 Reviews)

Spinergy X Aero Lite Road Wheels: Spinergy X aero-Lite Wheelset is an Ultra light weight, high-performance wheel designed for racing on all types of courses.

Submitted by manuel cordero a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2016

Strengths:    great rotation and no flexibility at all, for lateral movement. I had used them for long rides, short, climb and triathlon (and they will be at my first ironman this year)

Weaknesses:    I see no more weakness but just the truing the rims requires more time than standard, but ensure you will end up with a nice set up of rims.

Bottom Line:
I am really pleased and happy with this rims, they are awesome!!! We have ridden hundreds of kilometers and we will continue riding. right now even with my trainer I use the rims. AWESOME RIMS and no flexibility issues so far and I am a 200 pounder.

if you want to buy this set of rims, go ahead, I RECOMEND them to all levels.

great rims...

Bike Setup:   Orbea Ordu, SRAM RED SET UP, 10 spd set.

Submitted by Scott Stanley

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2016

Strengths:    Cost, durability, comfort, performance.

Weaknesses:    they lack the cache of much more costly wheels/brands

Bottom Line:
These are the second set pf Spinergy wheels I've owned. I have found them to me incredibly durable and the best value for money on the market. Spinergy lost brand image back in the 90s with their 4 spoke carbon wheels, But their PBO spokes are very strong and very comfortable. I don't know why more people don't buy these wheels. I love em.

Submitted by Ronald Ronald a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2016

Strengths:    These are very light aluminum wheels with a softer ride. The PBO fiber spokes reduces road vibrations and greatly increases ride quality. The company also offers some customization on the color of the spokes if needed. Competitive customer service and hassle free warranty claims by Spinergy master wheel builder Joe D.

Weaknesses:    Spinergy wheels are only sold in pairs. Consumer do not have the option to buy just one wheel in stores. Single wheel purchase can only be done directly from Spinergy or an authorized distributor.

Bottom Line:
Highly recommended for those looking for a lighter aluminum wheels with a softer ride quality. This is my 3rd wheelset from Spinergy. Overall, a better light weight aluminum wheel upgrade and investment that offers a very soft ride. You'll have to ride one to appreciate.

Purchased At:   Spinergy Authorized

Similar Products Used:   Zipp 808 (Front and Rear)
Zipp 404 Front and Zipp 808 Rear

3T Integra Stem Full Carbon
Easton EC90 Aero Full Carbon Fork
Customized Spinergy FCC Xaero Front and Stealth FCC Rear
Customized color Dash Cycling TT.9 Saddle
Customized Speedplay Zero Titanium W/ Green Titanium Spindles, Bowties, & Screws
Custom gear 14-31 (Dura-Ace, XTR, & Miche, cogs combined)
Full Green Titanium Screws
KMC X11SL Green Chain
Garmin 810

Submitted by Brian W a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2015

Strengths:    Bought these wheels during very first year they were available. 2000? Have not had to true them.
I ride about 4000 mi. per year. Packed dirt and asphalt. Over the years my weight has fluctuated
from 195 to 215. The damping qualities of pbo are ideal for cycling. Smooth and quick to spin up.
Sweetest ride ever. Rides like a dream.

Weaknesses:    did replace wheel bearings once. If the rear spokes make creaking noise, I pinch the drive side spokes slightly, and rub ski wax on the spot where the spokes rub each other. This seems to last about half the season.

Bottom Line:
Lightweight. The feel must be experienced to be appreciated. Virtually no maintenance.
I can't compare the ride to anything else I've ridden. When these need to be replaced, I wouldn't
consider anything else but Spinergy

Submitted by Steve a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2015

Strengths:    Spinergy customer service. Spokes never break. Stays true. Comfortable smooth ride. colored spokes look sharp.

Weaknesses:    Can be hard to get local shops to work on. Must remove rim strip to adjust spokes. The wheels are so trouble free you tend to ignore normal maintenance.

Bottom Line:
These wheels stayed true for over 5 years without any adjusting when a rear rim cracked at an eyelet. It turned out that the I'd let the spoke tension get too low so the stress wasn't spread over the rim. Joe at Spinergy stood by their wheels completly. I could not be happier be with their service, he built me a new wheel and and only charged for the rim.