Spinergy Xaero Lite Road wheelsets - clincher

4.42/5 (36 Reviews)

Spinergy X Aero Lite Road Wheels: Spinergy X aero-Lite Wheelset is an Ultra light weight, high-performance wheel designed for racing on all types of courses.

Submitted by John M Check a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Strengths:    I am not always the easiest person to please and hardly ever make recommendations. I am a big guy (6'5" and 275) and have been hard on cheaper wheels. I was a bit dubious about a wheel labelled LITE but these wheels have been amazing. They have remained tru and they are smooth with excellent braking capability. I absolutely love my Spinergy Xaero Lite road wheels!

Weaknesses:    none noted... they do require minimal maintenance.

Bottom Line:
As I said, I love my Xareo Lite wheels. As a big strong guy, they have been awesome. I only ride 2-3 k per year. Not bad for 64 years old with 3 knee surgeries. They are quiet, and, solid, and very attractive.

I have several friends that have never heard of Spinergy until now.

Similar Products Used:   Mavic Open Pro

Bike Setup:   Trek Madone

Submitted by Bill klintworth

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Strengths:    Zero maintenance issues, and the ride is much easier on your hands and neck and back.

Weaknesses:    As I have had no maintenance issues, none. Not tubeless compatible.

Bottom Line:
In an era where much of bikebtechnology has focused upon " stiffness", these wheels are a dream to ride. I have owned two sets, and expect to never purchase a different brand. I am 68 and have undergone two back surgeries, these wheels allow me to ride without discomfort. I highly recommend them, they will,transform a bike's ride from unpleasant to pleasurable.

Submitted by manuel cordero a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2016

Strengths:    great rotation and no flexibility at all, for lateral movement. I had used them for long rides, short, climb and triathlon (and they will be at my first ironman this year)

Weaknesses:    I see no more weakness but just the truing the rims requires more time than standard, but ensure you will end up with a nice set up of rims.

Bottom Line:
I am really pleased and happy with this rims, they are awesome!!! We have ridden hundreds of kilometers and we will continue riding. right now even with my trainer I use the rims. AWESOME RIMS and no flexibility issues so far and I am a 200 pounder.

if you want to buy this set of rims, go ahead, I RECOMEND them to all levels.

great rims...

Bike Setup:   Orbea Ordu, SRAM RED SET UP, 10 spd set.

Submitted by Scott Stanley

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2016

Strengths:    Cost, durability, comfort, performance.

Weaknesses:    they lack the cache of much more costly wheels/brands

Bottom Line:
These are the second set pf Spinergy wheels I've owned. I have found them to me incredibly durable and the best value for money on the market. Spinergy lost brand image back in the 90s with their 4 spoke carbon wheels, But their PBO spokes are very strong and very comfortable. I don't know why more people don't buy these wheels. I love em.

Submitted by Ronald Ronald a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2016

Strengths:    These are very light aluminum wheels with a softer ride. The PBO fiber spokes reduces road vibrations and greatly increases ride quality. The company also offers some customization on the color of the spokes if needed. Competitive customer service and hassle free warranty claims by Spinergy master wheel builder Joe D.

Weaknesses:    Spinergy wheels are only sold in pairs. Consumer do not have the option to buy just one wheel in stores. Single wheel purchase can only be done directly from Spinergy or an authorized distributor.

Bottom Line:
Highly recommended for those looking for a lighter aluminum wheels with a softer ride quality. This is my 3rd wheelset from Spinergy. Overall, a better light weight aluminum wheel upgrade and investment that offers a very soft ride. You'll have to ride one to appreciate.

Purchased At:   Spinergy Authorized