Spinergy Xaero Lite Road wheelsets - clincher

4.25/5 (28 Reviews)

• Store Price

Spinergy X Aero Lite Road Wheels: Spinergy X aero-Lite Wheelset is an Ultra light weight, high-performance wheel designed for racing on all types of courses.

Submitted by Leo Gmehling

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    Ive never had any problems ,pulled hub apart cleaned and went back together well.
stayed true for 8 years.

Weaknesses:    i have now buckled wheel ,No shops want to touch, shop that used to sell them tried and spoke snapped.
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE TO GET REPLACEMENT SPOKES.

Bottom Line:
GREAT wheels but cant access spare parts.

Submitted by Steen

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2013

Strengths:    Stiffness, comfortabel and fast wheels

Weaknesses:    Nothing

Bottom Line:
The Best wheels for All kind of bicycling

Submitted by Frank Gallo

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2012

Strengths:    Durability, I have 5 sets of Spinergy Xaero wheels. They just keep on rolling smoothly requiring little truing and upkeep. Love these wheels! And when you do need parts, the company provides great service.

Bottom Line:
Great product and great service. The PBO spokes really help smooth out the ride.

Submitted by D

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2012

Strengths:    light! beautiful! solid

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
Got these a couple of weeks before the 2012 Levi's Gran Fondo. I rode 3 rides before and climbed beautifully. They are exactly what i was looking for to replace my Mavic Aksiums that are stock with my bike. they feel lighter, look awesome, and do not break the bank! I weigh 170lbs, and have been very comfortable with the durability. I got them off of ebay for $450 and I'm glad I didn't spend 3 times that much. Great wheels, I haven't had to true them, even after the Levi Gran Fondo where some of the roads have pot holes ready to give a beating!

Submitted by Robert a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2012

Strengths:    Light and responsive. Soak up rough road shock. Stay true. Have a "cool" factor when people see the spokes are carbon. Very good customer service and repairability.

Weaknesses:    It isn't really a weakness of the wheel but I've found most bike shops are hesitant to work on them. Few shops sell them in my area and so they don't see them that often. They'll work on the bearings but balk at truing them. So I do the truing myself. Just don't lose the special wrenches and take them on your bike. All bike components have some kind of weakness. These wheels are the best balance of weight, strength, comfort, and durability I've ever found for the money. You can find them right now on eBay for less than $500 new.

Bottom Line:
I have owned three sets of these wheels and overall have been pleased. I ran one set for 8 years until my bike got stolen. I rode three double centuries on them on some of the worst roads anywhere and they were dead on true after each ride. I broke one spoke in all of those years and had spares. It was easy to replace and retrue. Truing is different from other wheels but not really harder. Like any wheel truing it is necessary to go slow and be careful. I estimate I put close to 50,000 miles on the ones that were stolen and only trued them a few times. They never got real out of true. I just did it now and then to keep them from getting worse. While I don't race, I weigh about 200 and do a lot of climbing. They do flex a little, but not that much. They might not be the best for some racers as one reviewer said, but for strong recreational riders who do a lot of miles, they are fast and stiff enough. I've owned all kinds of wheel sets and these are the most durable, light and comfortable I've had. I've been riding over 30 years.

Favorite Ride:   Terrible Two - 200 miles, 16,000 feet of climbing No. CA