SRAM S30 AL Race wheelsets - clincher

• Store Price

SRAM S30AL Race Road Wheelset. The perfect combination of lightweight and aerodynamics. Put these wheels on your bike and feel how responsive they are. Packaged in a beautiful black diamond finish, they will turn heads around.

Submitted by geoff

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2013

Strengths:    nil

Weaknesses:    fragile

Bottom Line:
absolute crap 3 spokes replaced, replaced bearings twice

Submitted by geo

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2013

Strengths:    look good

Weaknesses:    crap, 2 spokes broken, bearings replaced twice, not good enough from a high end company

Bottom Line:
would shop around for different brand next time

Submitted by Dan Sauers

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2013

Strengths:    light, fast, comfortable

Weaknesses:    not really anything
decals scratched but, hey, we've had them almost 3yrs.
no complaints

Bottom Line:
My wife (118lbs) and I (154lbs) share these though she rides them most often. We have put well over 3000 miles on them and not a single issue. I adjusted the play in the front hub just a bit when new and haven't had to touch them since. There are lots of hills (mtns) around here and the wheels are solid, secure decenders. Fast and comfy on the flats (23mm Diamante Pro)

Submitted by Kloudy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2013

Strengths:    Straight out the box these are light, good looking and feel reasonably quick. I got them new for £400 in the UK and they seemed a bit of a bargain at the time.

Weaknesses:    The wheels are on my second bike and don't see much action. Their biggest mileage was a week on Mallorca in April.
Yesterday I did an excellent 87m cyclosportive of the Isle of Mull in Scotland and I noticed an occasional clinking sound from the front end right from the start. By 70 miles in I sounded like a handful of nails in an old tobacco tin as (you've guessed it!) the bearings gradually collapsed. I managed to get to the finish but now, having read others experiences, I'm even wondering if its worth getting them repaired or just give them up as a bad job? Any thoughts on this?
I expected a LOT better from a company like SRAM who's Red groupset I love. Very disappointing.

Bottom Line:
I've often wondered how specialist hub builders like Chris King and DT Swiss make a living?
Now, I guess, I know.

Submitted by Rick

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2013

Strengths:    Bought new felt F3 with a SRAM red package in may 2012, strength Would be I got the rest of the SRAM components and not just a wheelset

Weaknesses:    Broke spokes on front and rear in first month , rear bearing went after 3 months, maybe 1500 miles, rear bearing bad again in
December. Obviously a problem

Bottom Line:
Don't appear to be a durable wheel, I'm quite disappointed