Token C30A wheelsets - clincher

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• Rims: 30mm Aero Profile, 700C Alloy Rims (475g/pc)
  • Spokes: Pillar Aero Stainless Steel Black Spokes
  • External Alloy Nipples
  • Compatibility: Shimano, SRAM

Submitted by Andy Man a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2013

Strengths:    Has to be the fastest wheelset I have ridden on. Fast out of corners and fast on hills and great sprinting as well as retaining high speed easily on the flats. I would think these wheels would be great on crits where fast acceleration and sprinting along with cornering speed ability is required.

Weaknesses:    None so far and they ride like smooth quiet and strong wheels.

Bottom Line:
Recently ridden Shimano 7850 sl clinchers and Shimano RS80 cl24 clinchers and Fulcrum 3 clinchers all recently which are all really great wheelsets. The token C30 is wheel set is the lightest of them all and the ceramic bearings and titanium raced hubs are second to none. Rigidity and the lack of flex when climbing is great and that is what set these wheels apart from my second favourite wheel the Rs80 cl24 which is a fantastic wheelset but shows some flex on climbs with a bigger rider.
Decending hills is a pleasure on these as they freewheel easily and are easy to control.I first got involved in competititve cycling at the age of nine and over time one soon knows the strengths and failings of a good wheelset.My guess is that Token Wheels will really cement themselves as a rated wheel maker in the future. Attention to spoke strength rating and hub and bearing design and product strength and weight and high rider weight ratings at the same time. As a rider this is why I decided on Token wheels over my fond and rated favourites Shimano.

Similar Products Used:   Zipp 404 clincher Shimano rs80 cl24 clincher Shimano 7850sl clincher Fulcrum race 3 clincher

Submitted by jasonbbrowne a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2011

Strengths:    great price from new right now if you can get your hands on a pair!!!... paid only £350 for the set (£612.99rrp)look great especially with a pair of schwalbe ultremo r1 tyres

Weaknesses:    Carbon bladed spokes would have been good and external nipples inside

Bottom Line:
token c30ac aero carbon clincher campy wheelset replaced my entry level f7s'. what a difference! although only 267grams lighter they are smooth and quick. very little noise from freewheel and solid uphill

Favorite Ride:   wilier mortirolo mirage 2009

Purchased At:   cycle surgery

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   Full carbon monocoque frame (10/10 in cycling plus)easton aero carbon ec70 bars, ritchey superlogic seatpost, selle flite kit carbonio saddle with carbon rails, ritchey wcs 4 axis 6deg stem, token aero carbon wheelset, schwalbe ultremo R.1 tyres, mirage groupset, keo classic spd pedals. whole bike 17.6lbs

Submitted by Paul a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2010

Strengths:    Remain true, spin up fast and stay that way! Light up hills. Quiet freewheel.

Weaknesses:    I had to have the grease in the freewheel replaced - the seal isn't as good as it could be but that was after two harsh, wet winters riding.

Bottom Line:
I bought myself a secondhand training bike (Merida 904) and these wheels were on it. I knew nothing about them. I took them out of the bike and spun them in my hand. I was amazed at how long they spun! They're like that on the road to. They feel great. Light up hills, pick up speed well and no flex. I've ridden them through two winters.

Favorite Ride:   NZ made Bauer steel singlespeed

Purchased At:   Hedgehog Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Ksyrium Elites, Shimano wheels(a range), American Classic 350s.

Bike Setup:   Merida 904(alloy frame, carbon fork). Full Shimano 105.

Token C30A feedback?

Hello there: I been watching these wheels lately and would like to hear or see any pics of them mounted on a bike. I read a review of them that found on the net and was very positive so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Here is a pic of the wheels. Any owner's out there?Read More »

Curious about the Rims on the Token C30A

Hi A while back, I inspected a set of Token rims at the bike shop where I was getting my Niobiun30 rims built. The rims on the Tokens looked suspiciously similar to the Niobiums I had (Kinlin XR-300 Niobium 30). The bike shop owner, (who is always very helpful) even did a detailed inspection an ... Read More »