Vuelta Zerolite Pro Road wheelsets - clincher

• Rear Hub: Sealed Cartridge Bearing
  • Spokes: Aero 3.3mm Stainless Spokes

Submitted by cyclintruckin

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2013

Strengths:    Strong (I am 230lbs and no truing issues)
Fast and Smooth cartridge bearings

Weaknesses:    Free hub body is junk

Bottom Line:
I loved these wheels for the price. To me they looked amazing in white on my bike and were much faster than my stock wheels. I was able to maintain higher speeds for much longer than before. But now for the bad, I got caught in the rain twice and both times has cost me a free hub body. It must be a design flaw in the seals but both times after about a mile or so after riding on wet roads the free hub started locking up to the point of throwing the chain. I have never experienced this with any other wheel before. In conclusion if you never get them wet they are a good deal, If you do, be prepared to walk home and spend more money on free hub bodies. My Shimano R-501's have been in rain, mud and abused all to heck and never an issue.

Submitted by Hebrews412 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2010

Strengths:    They've stayed true after many potholes, rough roads. They look good. Sealed bearings.

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavy side.

Bottom Line:
These wheels were almost perfectly true out of the box, they've stayed true even after arduous urban-type riding, and I couldn't be happier with them especially considering the price I paid. The main reason I'm writing this review however, is to brag on the customer service I received from Jeff at BikeIsland. I ordered the wheels on a Friday and they arrived the following Monday via free UPS. I get them out of the box and they look great but I noticed a little corrosion on a couple of the nipples. So I email Jeff and he offers a discount or a brand new pair. I pick the new pair option and he ships them out that day, issues a call tag for UPS to pick up my wheels, and I get the new ones the day after. Long story short, I'm really happy with the wheels and the retailer. Thanks a lot.

Favorite Ride:   all of them

Purchased At:   BikeIsland.com

Bike Setup:   1997 Specialized metal matrix Allez. Full Shimano 105 5700. Michelin Krylion carbon tires.

Submitted by Chaz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2010

Strengths:    On the light side, stiff, spin easy, easy to mount a Conti tire, would be good for daily training. Relatively quiet when coasting.

Weaknesses:    Probably too heavy for the SERIOUS rider or racer

Bottom Line:
Just got these and have put about 100 miles on them. The first great thing about them is Conti tires (GP 4000 S) mount on them rather easily. The wheels aren't super light but a bit lighter than the stock wheels that came on my bike. I bought them primarily for the cartridge bearings which spin easier and will be less hassle. The are a bit of an overall improvement. Also, the pawl for the rear wheel (what makes the ticking sound when coasting) isn't obnoxiously loud. They look cool too.

Purchased At:   Bike Island