Bianchi 2001 Axis Older Cyclocross Bike

2001 Axis

Kay Seven   Recreational Rider [Nov 11, 2002]
Strength:

Frame only: looks, Easton Ultralite tubeset, geometry, weight.

26.8 seatpost size, rigidity of aluminum, chainstay bridge catches mud, top pull FD set up. The OEM aluminum fork was worthless -- no wonder Bianchi went carbon

I really like this bike. I bought it as a frame/fork and set it up as I wanted. It was a blowout of older frames -- it's the vibrant blue color, and people love it. As a CX bike it's light, stable, goes where it's pointed. Aluminum frames like this one slide, bounce and skip a bit on rough courses, but overall it's a very nice racing bike. I love riding it offroad and in the few races I've done it's been great -- it draws no attention to itself, it just does what you ask.

Similar Products Used: Gunnar Crosshairs.
RH   Road Racer [Jul 06, 2001]
Strength:

Great value. lightweight. goes anywhere Good mix of mountain and road components Race Face cranks awesome

Very stiff!!! Rattles your teeth out of your head. Saddle not the most comfy. Ritchy tires SUCK!!! Put a set of Geax Blades 32cm and kick some butt on the trails

This is a great bike for anything. On afire road this bike can't be beat. I like steel ,but with an 853 bike all you have is the main triangle of air hardened steel and the rest is of a weaker steel. The way I abuse a bicycle this is a recipe for a warrenty. Perhaps a suspension seatpost would be nice. I've done road rides with this bike, I've blasted trails with it and I've raced it JA JA diesen fahrrad ist sehr gut, alles ist moglich.I you want a versitale ride a cyclocross bike is it and this is a great bike for it all. Buy it if you are into it all.

Similar Products Used: road bike with knobbies mountain bike with 1.8's
David   Recreational Rider [Aug 06, 2001]
Strength:

Versitile bike. Works well on paved and dirt roads. Good blend of road and mountain bike components. Good value for the price. Very nice ride on paved roads. Sturdy construction.

Unforgiving, stiff ride on rough dirt roads. Standard tires (Kenda Kwic) do not provide much traction on loose dirt.

This bike is a great value for someone who rides on dirt and paved roads and likes a road bike setup. It is more efficient on dirt than a mountain bike and with the right tires can provide the efficiency of of a racing bike on pavement. The ride is a little rough when the road is rough. The gearing works great on the rolling terrain that I normally ride on.