Ciocc 1999 mockba 80 Older Cyclocross Bike

1999 mockba 80

ciocc mockba 80

Greg   Recreational Rider [Sep 08, 2003]
Strength:

This bike is 20-some years old and weighs accordingly, but the only time you feel that weight is when you pick it up. Riding it is like riding an 17 pound bike, very light and responsive. Have I impressed upon you that I like this bike?

I don't ride it as much as I wish I could. I wish I could justify building it up with Campy C-Record, maybe some Delta brakes. sigh

When I go out to the shop and look at my collection of bikes the Ciocc usually makes me smile the most. Why? Well, this is the frame/name that I fell in love with when I was just kid with a paper route and Italian bikes were far off dreams. Someday I said, someday. Well after many years any many miles (some even on a bike) I finally stumbled across the long-forgotten name staring out at me from an ebay listing. That was all for me, I had to have, to possess, to caress. Little did I know what a treat I was in for. This bike rides beautifully, the only problem is when I am riding it my C-40 gets really jealous-gotta baby those Italian women I guess. I feel like a high school kid all over again. Well, OK maybe College.

Similar Products Used: The stable includes a Colnago C-40 HP (carbon). A Steel and an aluminum Lemond. I even have a vintage Ciocc time trial frame that I stole (not literally) that I am building up. My wife is starting to
Dave Peterson   Road Racer [Jul 20, 2003]
Strength:

Steel that last forever, old school geometry is great for climing, stiff yet forgiving, corners like like dream

After 23 years can there be a weakness? This bike will outlast Bob Hope!! Although my decals are wearing off.

I LOVE my CIOCC MockBa 80 with the little olympic symball. I bought the f/f from a friend for 250. I started racing with it as a junior and still ride it today. It is 23 years old and STILL an awsome frame! Steel last forever! I am currently updating the whole bike with Campy Volace--Hurray Ciocc!

Gary Jean   Recreational Rider [Jul 16, 2002]
Strength:

Columbus SL tubes, hand brazed microfusion lugs, ideal geometry, appearance (hey...good looks make you ride faster).

My legs and lungs.

I bought this bike in 1983 for the princely sum of $1,400, which represented a big chunk of my net worth at the time. After 19 years and more than 50,000 miles, it has become an extension of my body. They will have to pry my cold stiff fingers off the bars to get it away from me. I love this bike. This bike goes uphill by itself. It accelerates out from under me. It handles like a dream. I got a speeding ticket for going 50 mph in a 35 zone and an unsafe passing (of cars) ticket while flying down the Berkeley hills. The metallic anthracite gray paint, white decals, chrome triangle and chrome sloping crown fork still look as classy as anything on the road. I've been through several sets of wheels (all tubies), a few freewheels, a few saddles, and many chains, but most of the important stuff is the original Campy Record and Super Record. The Columbus SL tubing is responsive and comfortable. Whether doing the Davis Double Century, a hilly road race, or a flat crit, this bike really shines. Even with antique six speed non-indexed gearing, I have no desire to buy a new bike.

Similar Products Used: Wore out several lesser road bikes.
tjacks   Road Racer [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

Longevity, performance and the beautiful attention to details.

A little heavier now than the current lightweight frames available.

I''ve ridden my Ciocc (63 cm) since I bought it new in 1984. I''m 6''3" 205 lbs. The Columbus steel tubing is excellent climbing, sprinting and all day in the saddle. Handling at speed is crisp, precise and solid.

Similar Products Used: This frame has lasted me a lifetime of riding...I''ve not needed to buy a new one.
Stan Morey   Recreational Rider [Sep 26, 2001]
Strength:

It was light, comfortable, handled well, and the Mavic wheels were virtually indestructible. I rode this bike until 1997!!!!!!

I had a 1984 Ciocc Mockba. This was a Columbus steel frame, 54 cm, with Campy Pro Record gruppo, and Mavic GP-4 wheels. This is one of the sweetest rides I have ever ridden. Unfortunately, this bike was stolen!

Similar Products Used: Cannondale, Raleigh
jerry daharsh   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2000]
Strength:

the quality of the detail work make a pleasure to clean after a ride. the stifnes of the frame make for a real sports car ride. turn in is quicker than my khs and it wants to coast forever. i bought this bike with a omas/campi grupo that was interesting but the gearing, the short crank & tubular tires wer not fun to ride in the hills that i live in so i striped off that that i wnnted to replace waited 6 months to asemble a modern grupo. the wait was well worth it.

this is more bike than i am a rider,i have not found a limit to its performance .

my khs triathelite w/mostly chorus grupo has become a good trainer/beater but i would much rather just be on the ciocc.when mavic finaly desides to import there crank ,brakes & fr. shifter i will go for a mostly mavic grupo. a set of modern carbon spoked wheels may be in order some day but i can not emagine a more responsive setup now.