Diamondback 2001 Podium Older Cyclocross Bike

Diamondback 2001 Podium Older Cyclocross Bike

[Nov 09, 2003]
Kathleen Billington

Strength:

with a little bit of time and love, this bike can really lighten up and be great for racing, mine is down to 20lbs

doesn't come small enough, with original wheels is very heavy, 23lbs

Great bike at cheap price. Bike snobs think the disk breaks are cool, but they weigh a lot. You can really throw this bike around and not worry about hurting it, great fun on technical downhills.

[Jun 30, 2003]
Jose Basquet

Strength:

Great looks. Light weight, even better with a carbon fork. Easy to carry on my shoulder. Fun bike.

The geometry takes a bit to get used to and it feels a bit twitchy at low speeds (8-10 mph). I have it set up the same way as my road bike, so I can really notice the difference. I did put wider bars on this than my road bike, and sometimes I feel like I have to steer the bike rather than have it steer itself in the corners.

This is a great looking bike. It is light and tough. I raced with it for one whole season so far and I am pleased. I have it set up with campy 8 speed chorus, fsa 175 cranks and race with spingery rev x's. I was surprised at the quality especially at the price I paid.

specialized allez and kestrel raod bikes

[Oct 09, 2002]
darkrider1

Strength:

light weight, stable handling, tough paint, stiff in the sprints.

A little bit hard to get the rear wheel in & out in a hurry.

Nice light cyclocross ride. Handles really well in the sandy stuff. Fits over my shoulder nicely for portage. Surprisingly tough paint job. Frame resists dents well. Too bad they stopped making this bike after 2001.

Redline Conquest, Empella bonfire, Cannondale cross frame.

[Aug 23, 2002]
terry

Strength:

design, components, durability.

wish it had a carbon fork

This bike is tough. Great commuter handles the off road, dirt gravel, beautiful 105 and ultegra shifting. Fast and light too. I commute 6 miles to mall and except for 1 flat tire no prob.

[Dec 05, 2001]
bikeboy_23

Strength:

Very stiff and responsive. Works well in tight spots. Looks trick with disc brakes.

Disc brakes and road lever do not mix well!

This is a great bike with a great component package and not to mention clean lines and great looks.

Redline Conquest

[Oct 25, 2001]
john gilnick

Strength:

the frame,it will last till i''m 6 feet under. and the drivetrain-the 105 up front and the ultegra in the rear were a steal for the price.

the koski seat.

except for the seat, its a great bike. the koski seat was made for a cow. i''m just a commuter and ride short tours but its comfortable.

cannondale r300