Cannondale 1999 H300 Older Hybrid Bike

1999 H300

1999 Cannondale H300, hybrid, Hybrid Mix components, Cannondale fork

Preston Davis   Recreational Rider [Jan 05, 2012]

Seems like a great bike, especially for the like new condition and the $10 price!

trobinson017   Recreational Rider [Dec 15, 2009]
Strength:

Lightweight, smooth ride (think Cadillac!), whisper quiet on pavement, very durable for moderate offroad riding, very customizable.

Low end components. But ya buy the Cannondale frame, right?

I have a '96 H300 and absolutely love it! I sold my road bike cuz I was riding the Cannondale more. I've used it for urban commuting (26 mile roundtrip), charity rides (i.e. MS150) and general fitness riding up to 35 miles. I plan to do a century with her in about 6 months. I've added SPD clipless pedals, Girvin suspension stem, carbon fiber seatpost, flat aluminum handlebar with bar-ends, Kenda Kwest tires and Nashbar TRX saddle.

Similar Products Used: Bridgestone Synergy RB2 road bike, generic no-name mountain bike.
mileage junkie   Recreational Rider [Aug 21, 2002]
Strength:

frame, very strong, very forgiving. Cannondale name and rep/

Quite a reach out to the handlebars.

Good bike. Great basic stuff makes it customizable to nearly anything you might want to do with a 700c Bike

Similar Products Used: GT Arrette
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Jun 28, 2001]
Strength:

Weight, Adjustable stem, Cannondale "prestige"

Probably a little weak in the components, but will do for most users in this price range

Excellent all around bike for urban riding. Top gear to small for real road riding. Good riding frame, stable, and light.

Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 1999]
Strength:

Fit and finish are excellent - Color is awesome - It's comfy -

None yet - Would like to see higher quality derailleurs

Suprised at quality of bike at such an affordable price. Comfort is second to none. The bike is so adjustable, with minor adjustments it will suit any riding style.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Cross Roads - And Cross Roads Sport - Gary Fisher Alfresco - Trek 7500
Dale Bruschi   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 1999]
Strength:

Frame, handling, overall construction

none so far.

The bike is extremely comfortable on any rides up to or over 20 miles, the handling is very good and although this is their entry level bike for a hybrid, the overall product is excellent. It handles hardpacked dirt and rough roads with ease, even though it's not a full mountain bike. Overall I would rate this an excellent entry level hybrid bike which does a lot of things very well.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Sierra, Raleigh C-40
Gary Prestipino   Weekend Warrior [Dec 22, 1999]
Strength:

comfortable , built well

NONE SO FAR

Great bike for the money when getting back into riding.

Similar Products Used: Trek 7300 Raliegh C40
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 1999]
Strength:

Frame, price, stability, comfort

None considering the function and entry-level price

Excellent entry-level bike. It is very stable and easy to handle. The grip-shifters (SRAM 5.0) made my hands sore at first but I like them now. Shifting is sharp and braking is sure. Low tread tires have low rolling friction on pavement and good for hard pack. The components may not stand up to the abuse of the enthusiast and above, but hey, this is a hybrid.

Similar Products Used: None
jaco   Recreational Rider [Sep 26, 2000]
Strength:

Light wieght; handling; ease of driving; reputation; killer frame; looks; overall quality; brakes.

Crappy OEM seat; some components are not as good as what one might get from other manufacturers at a similar price.

This bike is great. Everybody told me to get a mountain bike but my research said that for the city, commuting and recreational riding, a hybrid was the bike for me. This thing really hits the spot. It takes potholes and bad roads like they're nothing; climbs hills with ease, has a nice ride, is very stable and very easy to handle. Since I have to lug it up some steps to get it into my house, its light wieght (as compared to the Giant Farrago and others) makes it easy to get out and put away.

I may change a few components over time as I would like to trim even more wieght; I don't need the suspension seatpost and the adjustable stem and steel handlebars seem to be heavier than they need to be; but overall I love this bike.

I really wanted a road bike but knew I wouldn't do any serious roadbiking and also knew a RB couldn't handle the abuse dished out by urban riding, so Hybrid was the best choice. Anybody who's not going to take their bike to the woods and is riding mostly in the city or on paved roads should check this bike out. If I had a few more bux I would have gotten an H400; but this is similar save for a few components. I can't imagine being as happy in my situation) with a mountain bike.

BTW; I know this is entry was labeled 1999; but mine is a 2000 model FWIW.

Similar Products Used: Old upright handlebar 10-speed racer from childhood; tested a Trek (cool!) and a Specialized (really cool!)
jaco   Recreational Rider [Sep 26, 2000]